Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been
|Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:44 am Post subject: Compensatory Conversation Control
An argument is two people making statements back and fourth at each other.
This generally happens because both people are attempting to get their point across.
When in a conversation with someone else and the conversation seems to be leading to an argument I will begin to only do one of the following three things:
(1) Allow the person to speak and only speak when the person asks me a question and only to answer the question that was asked.
(2) Allow the person to speak and only make a brief statement and ask a question.
(3) Allow the person to speak and only ask questions.
Use whatever recording device you can such as pencil and paper, audio recorder, video recorder, memory, etc., to make sure the conversations are recorded.
A conversation with someone else.
(1) The conversation will have been made shorter.
(2) The conversation will be more focused on what is being said rather than who is saying it.
(3) I will have a better chance of understanding what the person is attempting to convey to me.
(4) I will get more out of the conversation in terms of what I can use that the person says or what I cannot use.
(5) I will focus more on the words that are being used.
(6) I will learn the importance of asking questions.
(7) The person I am engaged in a conversation with will value the conversation more.
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?