HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

White Noise
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelixHair

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: White Noise Reply with quote

White Noise: Pronunciation Key

Anything said by a white person that a non-white person does not understand.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: White Noise Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:

How about anything said by a white person that does not help to promote justice and correctness in all places and at all times?

...because so what if I understand it? If it is not connected to helping to promote justice and correctness in all places and at all times then it is connected to promoting non-justice and incorrectness in all places and at all times.

I could be incorrect.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: White Noise Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

How about anything said by a white person that does not help to promote justice and correctness in all places and at all times?

...because so what if I understand it? If it is not connected to helping to promote justice and correctness in all places and at all times then it is connected to promoting non-justice and incorrectness in all places and at all times.

I could be incorrect.

I considered such a definition and decided against it in favor of the one I posted because I thought it better promoted the production of justice. Why? Because, as long as Racism (White Supremacy) exists, the definition you propose describes EVERYTHING a white person says and, therefore, is not a functional definition of anything. To solve a problem or any component of a problem, there needs to be a unique definition of it.

When I taught math to high school students, I taught them how to ask for help in understanding what was being said during a lesson. I told them that it would not help me to add to their knowledge if they told me “I don’t understand anything.” I showed them how to point to the character or word that did not make sense to them. Then, we could work with the knowledge they did have to solve the problem.

I suspect that one of the things that keeps non-white people from knowing when or how they are being victimized by Racism (White Supremacy) is that the racist rarely says so directly. Even when asked directly, racist suspects usually say a lot of words but do not answer the question in a manner that is clear to the non-white person. Many non-white people are made to feel embarrassed that they don’t understand. They are usually told that the conclusion that must be reached from the answer that was given was that a particular behavior is not Racism (White Supremacy) . I suspect that this is what is being done currently when questions are asked about why food and water could not have given to the black people who were stranded in New Orleans as a result of Hurricane Katrina. Now, a lot of black people are going to walk away thinking that they need to solve the problem of “class” as well as of race (race= racism) so that something like this does not happen again. This misconception will be due, in large part, to the white noise that resulted from the question, “Why are those people in Superdome and Convention Center on the Gulf Coast so help-less?” or similar questions.

This could be incorrect.

Last edited by HelixHair on Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:07 pm; edited 4 times in total
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: White Noise Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

I could be incorrect.

I considered such a definition and decided against it in favor of the one I posted because I thought it better promoted the production of justice. Why? Because, as long as Racism (White Supremacy) exists, the definition you propose describes EVERYTHING a white person says and therefore is not a functional definition of anything. To solve a problem or any component of a problem, there needs to be a unique definition of it.

When I taught math to high school students, I taught them how to ask for help in understanding what was being said during a lesson. I told them that it would not help me to add to their knowledge if they told me “I don’t understand anything.” I showed them how to point to the character or word that did not make sense to them. Then, we could work with the knowledge they did have to solve the problem.

I suspect that one of the things that keeps non-white people from knowing when or how they are being victimized by racism is that the racist rarely says so directly. Even when asked directly, racist suspects usually say a lot of words but do not answer the question in a manner that is clear to the non-white person. Many non-white people are made to feel embarrassed that they don’t understand. They are usually told that the conclusion that must be reached from the answer that was given was that a particular behavior is not Racism (White Supremacy) . I suspect that this is what is being done currently when questions are asked about why food and water could not have given to the black people who were stranded in New Orleans as a result of Hurricane Katrina. Now, a lot of black people are going to walk away thinking that thy need to solve the problem of “class” as well as of race (race= racism) so that something like this does not happen again. This misconception will be due in large part to the white noise that resulted from the question, “Why are those people in Superdome and Convention Center on the Guld Coast so help-less?” or similar questions.

This could be incorrect.

You could be correct. We don't even know that what we're saying and doing is helping to promote a SYSTEM that guarantees no person is mistreated and also guarantees the person who needs help the most get the most help unless we follow THE LOGIC.

Let's say that there is a "discussion" about racism (white supremacy) and a white person is doing the talking and the white person says something that one non-white person understands but 10 other non-white people don't understand.

Is what the white person said "white noise"?
HelixHair

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: White Noise Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

I could be incorrect.

I considered such a definition and decided against it in favor of the one I posted because I thought it better promoted the production of justice. Why? Because, as long as Racism (White Supremacy) exists, the definition you propose describes EVERYTHING a white person says and therefore is not a functional definition of anything. To solve a problem or any component of a problem, there needs to be a unique definition of it.

I suspect that one of the things that keeps non-white people from knowing when or how they are being victimized by racism is that the racist rarely says so directly. Even when asked directly, racist suspects usually say a lot of words but do not answer the question in a manner that is clear to the non-white person. Many non-white people are made to feel embarrassed that they don’t understand. They are usually told that the conclusion that must be reached from the answer that was given was that a particular behavior is not Racism (White Supremacy) . I suspect that this is what is being done currently when questions are asked about why food and water could not have given to the black people who were stranded in New Orleans as a result of Hurricane Katrina. Now, a lot of black people are going to walk away thinking that thy need to solve the problem of “class” as well as of race (race= racism) so that something like this does not happen again. This misconception will be due in large part to the white noise that resulted from the question, “Why are those people in Superdome and Convention Center on the Guld Coast so help-less?” or similar questions.

This could be incorrect.

You could be correct. We don't even know that what we're saying and doing is helping to promote a SYSTEM that guarantees no person is mistreated and also guarantees the person who needs help the most get the most help unless we follow THE LOGIC.

Let's say that there is a "discussion" about racism (white supremacy) and a white person is doing the talking and the white person says something that one non-white person understands but 10 other non-white people don't understand.

It is "white noise" to the victim of racism who does not understand what was said. It is not "white noise" to the non-white persons who understood what was said. Each non-white listener is the judge for him/her self ONLY.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: White Noise Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

I could be incorrect.

This could be incorrect.

It is "white noise" to the victim of racism who does not understand what was said. It is not "white noise" to the non-white persons who understood what was said. Each non-white listener is the judge for him/her self ONLY.

That explanation of the definition of "white noise" you posted does have some practical value to it in terms of countering racism (white supremacy).

The definition of "white noise" I posted also has some practical value to it in terms of countering racism (white supremacy) in that everything a white person says, under the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy), is suspect...meaning it's all "white noise" and it is not "white noise" only after the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) is replaced with a SYSTEM of justice.

Once the non-white person determines, for himself or herself, that the white person is a racist suspect, automatically, according to counter-racist logic everything the white person says from that point on is suspect...meaning "white noise".

I could be incorrect.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Define noise.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: White Noise Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:

Good one.

Winston
Josh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: White Noise Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:

I hear things said by non white people that I don't understand and when they clarify it and I do understand it; it still does not lead to " promote justice and correctness in all places and at all times?"

Is that "White noise"?

or

non white noise?

Josh
Josh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: White Noise Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

I could be incorrect.

Heres a scenario which may help people follow the logic.

1. You get snatched one night while you are getting into your car by 4 White men in ski masks with guns and knives.

2. They pistol whip you, bind and gag you and dump you in the trunk of a car.

3. You wake up bloody, naked, thirsty and hungry in a 4x4 iron cage.

Now,

White people walk by the cage and say things to you like:

"hey, howya doin today?"

"looks like it might rain, should I roll the windows up on the car?"

"squonk, bork, thizzle aggathep bon sina fonzy?"

"Hey, ya know what? I think I seen you somewhere before; are you a friend of Dave's?"

"You've got a really nice body...do you workout??"

Now, which of those questions are "White noise" and which are not?

Josh

Josh
HelixHair

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: White Noise Reply with quote

Last edited by HelixHair on Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
HelixHair

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: White Noise Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

I could be incorrect.

Heres a scenario which may help people follow the logic.

1. You get snatched one night while you are getting into your car by 4 White men in ski masks with guns and knives.

2. They pistol whip you, bind and gag you and dump you in the trunk of a car.

3. You wake up bloody, naked, thirsty and hungry in a 4x4 iron cage.

Now,

White people walk by the cage and say things to you like:

"hey, howya doin today?"

"looks like it might rain, should I roll the windows up on the car?"

"squonk, bork, thizzle aggathep bon sina fonzy?"

"Hey, ya know what? I think I seen you somewhere before; are you a friend of Dave's?"

"You've got a really nice body...do you workout??"

Now, which of those questions are "White noise" and which are not?

Josh

Josh

If the statement made by the white person was understood by the nonwhite person, even if it dos not promote justice at ll times in all places, by the definition posted, it is not white noise.

The promotion of justice in all places and at all times, or a variation or converse of it, could be made the defintion of every word, couldn't it? Josh, do you think you should go through the defintionary and pick some more terms to which that definition should be applied?

Would that be constructive in the effort to actually establish justice? When a car is not operating, a mechanic or customer can just say, "The car does not run correctly," correct? Why bother naming specific problems?

I need to post my suggestions about dealing with unjust intimidation of non-white females by non-white males.

The Observer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: White Noise Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:

Then it is "noise" to the non-White person who lacks understanding.

But is it "noise" to the White person?

What is black noise?
Josh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: White Noise Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:

The promotion of justice in all places and at all times, or a variation or converse of it, could be made the defintion of every word couldn't it?

Josh, do you think you should go through the defintionary and pick some more terms to which that definition should be applied?

No Ma'am.

(to both questions)

But you have VGQ.

Scenario 2:

1. You are out walking your dog one night and some White men drag you into the woods and start "running a train on you";

2. four White people walk by and witness it.

White person #1 says: " sex before marriage is a sin"

White person #2 says: " ya'll better watch out for the poison ivy and ticks over there"

White person #3 says: "instead of taking turns, why don't you all fuck her at the same time"

White person #4 says: "you guys mind if I get some too?"

Now,

if you UNDERSTAND what they are saying, HOW IS IT PREVENTING YOU FROM BEING CONTINUING TO BE MISTREATED?

(or does that not matter?)

Everything these White people say is "White noise" until they say something that stops you from being mistreated.

Ergo the definition of "White noise" I will use is: "anything said by a white person that does not help to promote justice and correctness in all places and at all times?"

This way I will stay focused on the most important thing.

You have VGQ.

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Define noise.

Sometimes we skip the simplist things. No one has yet to even define what "noise" is and why it should have a color. If noise is any sound that promotes non-constructive thought, speech, and/or action then it doesn't need a color identifier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: