HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

HOME
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: HOME Reply with quote

HOME: Pronunciation Key

Thinking, speaking, and/or acting in a method that supports the revelation of truth in such a manner that promotes Justice and correctness.

Example:

A victim-of-racism (non-white person) is "at home" anytime that he or she is saying or doing anything that effectively promotes the elimination of Racism (White Supremacy) , and/or, effectively promotes the practice of justice or correctness.

Winston
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: HOME Reply with quote

Winston Wolfe wrote:

Thinking, speaking, and/or acting in a method that supports the revelation of truth in such a manner that promotes Justice and correctness.

Example:

A victim-of-racism (non-white person) is "at home" anytime that he or she is saying or doing anything that effectively promotes the elimination of Racism (White Supremacy) , and/or, effectively promotes the practice of justice or correctness.

Winston

According to this definition can "home" exist in a SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy)?
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: HOME Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:

Example:

Winston

According to this definition can "home" exist in a SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy)?

Yes.

Because you don't need Justice to be "home".

What you do need to be "home" is to Think, speak, and/or act in a method that supports the revelation of truth in such a manner that promotes Justice and correctness.

According to how "Home" is defined above.

Winston
James Jones

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: HOME Reply with quote

Winston Wolfe wrote:

Example:

Winston

Why not?

Thinking, speaking, and/or acting in support of the promotion of Justice and Correctness.

Is it necessary to say "a method that supports the revelation of truth" if the end product is the effective promotion of Justice and Correctness?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: HOME Reply with quote

Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:

Example:

Winston

Yes.

What you do need to be "home" is to Think, speak, and/or act in a method that supports the revelation of truth in such a manner that promotes Justice and correctness.

Winston

The reason I asked is because the codebook has a definition of home that is defined as:

Home: A place and/or condition where truth is revealed, and used in a manner as to produce justice and correctness at all times, in all areas of activity, including Economics, Education, Entertainment, Labor, Law, Politics, Religion, Sex, and War.

...which I suspect to be an accurate definition...and here's why. You don't know you're promoting justice and correctness until you're in a SYSTEM of justice. So that has to be when you're "home". You'll end up fooling yourself...thinking you've done something when you haven't if you use any other definition.

Don't get ahead of yourself.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: HOME Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:

Example:

Winston

Yes.

Winston

The reason I asked is because the codebook has a definition of home that is defined as:

Home: A place and/or condition where truth is revealed, and used in a manner as to produce justice and correctness at all times, in all areas of activity, including Economics, Education, Entertainment, Labor, Law, Politics, Religion, Sex, and War.

...which I suspect to be an accurate definition...and here's why. You don't know you're promoting justice and correctness until you're in a SYSTEM of justice. So that has to be when you're "home". You'll end up fooling yourself...thinking you've done something when you haven't if you use any other definition.

Not at all.

I'm suggesting that "home" is not a "state" similar to the logic used in the codebook.

Rather, home would be, what you do.

In short, an example would be a person working toward the promotion of justice by doing their "job" in the best possible way without having to mistreat anyone in the process.

Until Justice Replaces Racism/White Supremacy, the Promotion of Justice may be as close to Justice as you can achieve.

Winston
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: HOME Reply with quote

Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:

Example:

Winston

Yes.

Winston

Not at all.

I'm suggesting that "home" is not a "state" similar to the logic used in the codebook.

In short, an example would be a person working toward the promotion of justice by doing their "job" in the best possible way without having to mistreat anyone in the process.

Until Justice Replaces Racism/White Supremacy, the Promotion of Justice may be as close to Justice as you can achieve.

Winston

How do you know you're producing justice?

Last edited by Edward Williams on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: HOME Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:

Example:

Winston

Yes.

Winston

Not at all.

Winston

I never said anything about "producing" Justice.

I'm talking about promoting justice by doing things is the most constructive and efficient manner while not mistreating anyone in the process.

1. Get to work on time.
2. Don't fight with another non-white person
3. Ask questions until you get understanding
4. Do things correctly

etc, etc...

Hopefully if enough people commit to this basic strategy Justice can be achieved.

"Home" is a description of this particular behavoior.

Winston
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: HOME Reply with quote

Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:

Example:

Winston

Yes.

Winston

Not at all.

Winston

I'm talking about promoting justice by doing things is the most constructive and efficient manner while not mistreating anyone in the process.

1. Get to work on time.
4. Do things correctly

etc, etc...

Hopefully if enough people commit to this basic strategy Justice can be achieved.

Winston

How do you know you are promoting justice?

Last edited by Edward Williams on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: HOME Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:

Example:

Winston

Yes.

Winston

Not at all.

Winston

1. Get to work on time.
4. Do things correctly

etc, etc...

Winston

Because the aforementioned is what is missing.

Plus, you will certainly be met with oppositon for those efforts from the people intrested in IN-Justice.

Winston
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you are promoting something (justice) that there is no evidence has ever existed?
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: HOME Reply with quote

Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:

Example:

Winston

Yes.

Winston

Not at all.

Winston

1. Get to work on time.
4. Do things correctly

etc, etc...

Winston

Because the aforementioned is what is missing.

Plus, you will certainly be met with oppositon for those efforts from the people intrested in IN-Justice.

Winston

The best measure of what justice should be is taken from what In-Jusitce actually is.

Winsotn
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Home Reply with quote

Jaime Sanchez wrote:
Home
noun
a reality in which Justice is the rule of the land.

If the hypothesis is that the problem is racism: white supremacy, and racism is injustice, then it is impossible to be at home, no matter who you are or where you stand in the known universe in the year 2007 A.D.

Thus, in all your efforts to produce justice based on countering the hypothesis that racism: white supremacy is the problem, you cannot be at home because home does not exist...yet.

And one should not be concerned with \"yet\" or rather the question: \"How will I know when I is home?\" One will know when it gets there.

Of utmost importance is to scrutinize the hypothesis and if it continues to hold true, then we keep going that direction. If it falters, then we are to redefine the hypothesis and scrutinize it. This is the scientifice method we are participants in. It is the best method for yeilding results.

And what is the desired result? Producing a non-existent phenomenon known as \"Justice\".

Jaime Sanchez,

What Counter-Racism Science Experiment did you run that is posted in the Counter-Racism Science Project forum to get the definition that you have posted?

Please read the FAQ.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Question about the word HOME Reply with quote

Jaime Sanchez wrote:
Was Jimi Hendrix at home when he was playing the guitar?
Or Max Roach when he was playing the drums?
Or James Baldwin when he was writing?
Was MLK home when he was on the podium?
Was Frida Kahlo at home when she was painting?
Was David Alfaro Siquieros at home when he was painting?
Was Gandhi at home when he was fasting?
Is Dolores Huerta at home when she is protesting?

I suspect that yes.

What do they all have in common?

They were all attempting to solve problems.

Are you attempting to answer your own questions?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: HOME Reply with quote

asafo wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:

You don't know you're promoting justice and correctness until you're in a SYSTEM of justice. So that has to be when you're \"home\". You'll end up fooling yourself...thinking you've done something when you haven't if you use any other definition.

Mr. Williams, what do you mean by \"promoting\"?

Asafo

To promote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: