HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

White Supremacist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: White Supremacist Reply with quote

White Supremacist: Pronunciation Key

A white person who practices racism.

Last edited by Edward Williams on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Josh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the term "practice" include thinking?

Or is it only saying and/or doing?

The reason I ask is because of the possibility of doing something without thinking about it

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Does the term "practice" include thinking?

Yes, thought, speech, and/or action. It is difficult to determine what someone is thinking. The practical observations can only be made by what people say and/or do. Once that is observed you can assume what the person was or is thinking...but that's just an assumption. Now some people will make that assumption and take that assumption and do all kinds of theory analysis on it. And people have done this and will continue to do this.

I hear people say all the time say that this or that is not what they meant to say and/or meant to do. Meaning what? What they said and/or did is not a product of what they were thinking about saying and/or doing.
If we tell ourselves the truth, everything we say and/or do is the product of what we think. What we fail to realize is in order to change what we say and/or do we'll have to change how we think. And what is the fastest path do doing that? Change the definitions of words we use to think with and use those words and definitions to speak with. This programs your mind to result in changing your actions.

Josh wrote:
Or is it only saying and/or doing?

The reason I ask is because of the possibility of doing something without thinking about it

Josh

How can someone do something without thinking about it?
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I don't know. Its a phenomenon Ive heard people claim they've experienced.

Im working on a strategy to deal with this aspect of racism White supremacy (thought) because it is the one aspect many racist suspects will admit to practicing.

I too think the key is in the language, specifically because of the resistance racist suspects display in using it.

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Quote:

I don't know. Its a phenomenon Ive heard people claim they've experienced.

Im working on a strategy to deal with this aspect of racism White supremacy (thought) because it is the one aspect many racist suspects will admit to practicing.

I too think the key is in the language, specifically because of the resistance racist suspects display in using it.

Josh

What do you have to do to "deal with" how a racist (white supremacist) thinks?
Josh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to engineer my language so I either get true statements/answers, or silence.

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
I need to engineer my language so I either get true statements/answers, or silence.

Josh

Isn't that speech and/or action?
Josh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not until I say it or do it.

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:

Josh

The question was:
Edward Williams wrote:
What do you have to do to "deal with" how a racist (white supremacist) thinks?

You wrote:
Josh wrote:

I asked:
Edward Williams wrote:
Isn't that speech and/or action?

You wrote:
Josh wrote:

My next question is:
What are the logical mechanics for countering how a racist (white supremacist) thinks?

The reason I ask this is because so many non-white people are concerned about what the racists (white supremacists) are thinking and proceed to psychoanalyze the racists (white supremacists) in order to solve "the problem" of people being mistreated on the basis of color...even to the point of making assumptions of why the racists (white supremacists) practice racism (white supremacy) that cannot be adequately tested or proven beyond a shadow of doubt. I say that non-white people should focus on saying and doing because that is the bottom line, but I could be incorrect about that.

This conversation really began when you referred to what you have to do to "deal with" how a racist thinks, if I understand the flow of the conversation. I don't know how to counter how a person thinks. This is very important. So my next question is:

What are the logical mechanics for countering how a racist (white supremacist) thinks?
Josh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Saying and doing.

Using counter racist language and practicing counter racist behavior.

Josh
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be more efficient to focus on a persons behavoir rather than what they may or may not be thinking?

Winston
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Winston Wolfe wrote:
Wouldn't it be more efficient to focus on a persons behavoir rather than what they may or may not be thinking?

Winston

I suspect so...and that is where I suspected the conversation would end up...saying and doing. Even if you have a theory or a concept of why a racist (white supremacist) practices racism (white supremacy) the only way to test if your theory is correct is to counter what the racist (white supremacist) says and/or does. Even if you want to counter on how a racist (white supremacist) thinks you're gonna hafta focus on saying and/or doing. Even if you want to change the way you think you'll have to do it by focusing on what you say and/or do.

Can't get around it. That is what everything comes down to in terms of people interaction...saying and/or doing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: