HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Friend
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Friend Reply with quote

Friend: Pronunciation Key

A person who thinks, speaks and acts correctly at all times and all places.

A non-existent person.

Last edited by Trina on Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Friend Reply with quote

Trina wrote:

A person who will die for you.

I have met people who say they will die for me but I wouldn't die for them and I told them so. What is the practical value of having someone to die for you that you are not willing to die for?
Trina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Friend Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Trina wrote:

I have met people who say they will die for me but I wouldn't die for them and I told them so. What is the practical value of having someone to die for you that you are not willing to die for?

I suspect none. The above definition is not provable until the person actually dies for you after they have stated they will die for you so you wouldn't know if they are truly your friend or not. The "proof is in the puddin". And if you aren't willing to die for them then you aren't truly their friend according to the above definition.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Friend Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
Trina wrote:

I suspect none. The above definition is not provable until the person actually dies for you after they have stated they will die for you so you wouldn't know if they are truly your friend or not. The "proof is in the puddin". And if you aren't willing to die for them then you aren't truly their friend according to the above definition.

If someone will die for me that does not make them my friend...but it may make me their friend. There is no balance in the equation.

What is the practical value of me being someone else's friend but they are not mine? Isn't justice balance between people?
Trina

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Friend Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Trina wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
Trina wrote:

If someone will die for me that does not make them my friend...but it may make me their friend. There is no balance in the equation.

What is the practical value of me being someone else's friend but they are not mine? Isn't justice balance between people?

I suspect there is none. Yes, justice is balance between people. I think I should revise the definition.
TheOnlyHunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

A non-existent person.

If this is a non-existent person should the word FRIEND have a different definition?
MsTreated

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

TheOnlyHunter wrote:
Quote:

A non-existent person.

If this is a non-existent person should the word FRIEND have a different definition?

Friend: A person who does not willfully mistreat you and who "has the will plus the ability, to find truth, and to use truth in a manner that produces justice and correctness, at all times and in all places" in all the nine areas of human activity.

(FRIENDS!! How many of us have them?"
TheOnlyHunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MsTreated Wrote:
Quote:
TheOnlyHunter wrote:
Quote:

A non-existent person.

Friend: A person who does not willfully mistreat you and who "has the will plus the ability, to find truth, and to use truth in a manner that produces justice and correctness, at all times and in all places" in all the nine areas of human activity.

(FRIENDS!! How many of us have them?"

What is the difference between this(which every person should do toward every other person that breaths) and a friend? I do not understand the definition.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: question... Reply with quote

why define something that does not exist as opposed to defining something that does?

Winston
TheOnlyHunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why have a word that defines nothing? This does not make logical sense.This leads me to believe this word means something. WINSTON WOLF,Do you know what "FRIEND" means? If you do,could you explain what this means? I am confused.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

TheOnlyHunter wrote:
Why have a word that defines nothing? This does not make logical sense.This leads me to believe this word means something. WINSTON WOLF,Do you know what \\\"FRIEND\\\" means? If you do,could you explain what this means? I am confused.

Why have a word that defines nothing?

I'm not sure at present. But there could be something useful to it. Then again, I could be incorrect.

The definition of a friend may be something that every person must determine for themselves then act accordingly.

Winston
MsTreated

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: friend Reply with quote

What is a "non-existent person?

I suspect that sometimes we just go too far, other times, not far enough. We may be pushing when we should be shoving!
TheOnlyHunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TheOnlyHunter wrote:
Why have a word that defines nothing? This does not make logical sense.This leads me to believe this word means something. WINSTON WOLF,Do you know what "FRIEND" means? If you do,could you explain what this means? I am confused.

Why have a word that defines nothing?

I'm not sure at present. But there could be something useful to it. Then again, I could be incorrect.

The definition of a friend may be something that every person must determine for themselves then act accordingly.

Winston

A word that is defined individually will most liklely lead to confusion.

Should one act on a word that may not be understood by the person receiving the action?
Josh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: question... Reply with quote

Winston Wolfe wrote:
why define something that does not exist as opposed to defining something that does?

Winston

I suspect because you need words to define a concept.

You then follow the logic to make the concept a reality.

For example, I suspect some people used the concept "airship" to produce the first airplane.

They may have gotten the concept of "airship" from looking at a "watership".

But at its root I suspect all concepts are rooted in problem solving; i.e. the law of the universe,

compensation.
TheOnlyHunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDWARD WILLIAMS WROTE:
Quote:

It is. And you're right,there is no practical value.

What balance would a person like you need for you to die for them and how could that be defined if "friend" doesn't do it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: