HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Refugee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Refugee Reply with quote

Refugee(s): Pronunciation Key

All nonwhite people who exist under the system of White Supremacy/Racism.

Reason/Explanation: The nonwhite people seek refuge under the system of White Supremacy/Racism in various ways. Sometimes it takes the form of consuming alcoholic beverages, abusing ourselves with drugs/poisons, eating too much, playing and laughing all the time, having too much sex, going to church, listening to loud music, harming other nonwhite people to gain favor with the White Supremacists/Racists, staying out of trouble,etc... The nonwhite people know if we were to violently oppose the system of White Supremacy on a global scale that two things could result. We could die in large numbers and no longer exist or we could sustain a large loss of life and remain to exist and help bring about a system of Justice. We seek refuge under this system of injustice because we don't want to make that "adult" decision.

Trina

Last edited by Trina on Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:19 pm; edited 11 times in total
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can a White person be a refugee?

Josh
Trina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Can a White person be a refugee?

Josh

Josh,

Yes, if they are not a White Supremacist/Racist and if they are not trying not to be harmed by the White Supremacists/Racists.

Last edited by Trina on Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If refuge is a state of mind why can't a white supremacist (racist) be a refugee?

How can anyone prove a person has a state of mind?
Trina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
If refuge is a state of mind why can't a white supremacist (racist) be a refugee?

According to my definition of refuge a White Supremacist/Racist could be a refugee.

Quote:
How can anyone prove a person has a state of mind?

I don't know if anyone can prove that a person has a state of mind.

I have to "crack some ice" and come back to this.

I'm back with a revised definition!
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: REFUGEES Reply with quote

REFUGEES

One cannot help but to notice the dissatisfaction with the use of the term “Refugee” in comparison to the images of non-white people in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina being broadcast into our Living Rooms and Bedrooms. The powerful images flooding our Televisions in the wake of the aftermath of hurricane Katrina should be permanently etched in the minds of all its observers, particularly the observers who are classified as non-white.

While watching a CNBC broadcast, NFL running back Warrick Dunn spoke briefly about his efforts to unify NFL players in order to gather money for the victims in the gulf coast region. In addition, Mr. Dunn as did others, made a point to voice displeasure with the repeated use of this word “Refugee” in connection with Black (non-white) people of the gulf coast region where Mr. Dunn reportedly grew-up. Shortly thereafter, I also witnessed two additional MSNBC programs featuring the Rev. Al Sharpton and Rev. Jessie Jackson who both chimed-in on their dissatisfaction with how Black (Non-White) people are being portrayed as “Refugees” in the aftermath of devastation left by the Hurricane.

As a result, I too observed myself taking the same position on the matter until I began to Follow The Logic of the situation until the painfully obvious truth almost knocked me out of my seat. Reflecting on a short statement written by Mr. Neely Fuller Jr. seemed to satisfy the difference between what I was watching on TV and how it was being reported.

“The People who have the ability to eliminate Racism (White Supremacy) do not have the will to do so, and, the people who have the will to do so do not have the ability.” –Neely Fuller Jr. 1969

Based on the evidence I was watching come across my television screen, Black (non-white) people are in fact Refugees. We are refugees seeking refuge from the current system of Injustice we continue to be victimized by.

Therefore, would it not be logical to conclude that the biggest obstacle to a system that would ensure that the people who need help the most get the most help is the arrangement of White Power over Non-White Powerlessness that currently reins supreme?

The people who had the ability to provide help to the people who needed it the most didn’t respond when called repeatedly. Instead it appeared that the people who had the most ability to provide help decided to simply watch-the-show instead of “getting off their asses” as suggested by Mayor Nagin.

To me this half-ass attempt at liberating the people who needed help the most seemed to be more of some sort of twisted observance than a rescue effort; analogous to the public lynchings of the early 1900’s.

Replace White Supremacy with Justice because Justice is better than Racism.

Keep in mind, I could be incorrect.

Last edited by Dan Freeman on Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dark Switch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: REFUGEES Reply with quote

Winston Wolfe wrote:
REFUGEES

One cannot help but to notice the dissatisfaction with the use of the term “Refugee” in comparison to the images of non-white people in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina being broadcast into our Living Rooms and Bedrooms. The powerful images flooding our Televisions in the wake of the aftermath of hurricane Katrina should be permanently etched in the minds of all its observers, particularly the observers who are classified as non-white.

While watching a CNBC broadcast, NFL running back Warrick Dunn spoke briefly about his efforts to unify NFL players in order to gather money for the victims in the gulf coast region. In addition, Mr. Dunn as did others, made a point to voice displeasure with the repeated use of this word “Refugee” in connection with Black (non-white) people of the gulf coast region where Mr. Dunn reportedly grew-up. Shortly thereafter, I also witnessed two additional MSNBC programs featuring the Rev. Al Sharpton and Rev. Jessie Jackson who both chimed-in on their dissatisfaction with how Black (Non-White) people are being portrayed as “Refugees” in the aftermath of devastation left by the Hurricane.

As a result, I too observed myself taking the same position on the matter until I began to Follow The Logic of the situation until the painfully obvious truth almost knocked me out of my seat. Reflecting on a short statement written by Mr. Neely Fuller Jr. seemed to satisfy the difference between what I was watching on TV and how it was being reported.

“The People who have the ability to eliminate Racism (White Supremacy) do not have the will to do so, and, the people who have the will to do so do not have the ability.” –Neely Fuller Jr. 1969

Based on the evidence I was watching come across my television screen, Black (non-white) people are in fact Refugees. We are refugees seeking refuge from the current system of Injustice we continue to be victimized by.

Therefore, would it not be logical to conclude that the biggest obstacle to a system that would ensure that the people who need help the most get the most help is the arrangement of White Power of Non-White Powerlessness that currently reins supreme?

The people who had the ability to provide help to the people who needed it the most didn’t respond when called repeatedly. Instead it appeared that the people who had the most ability to provide help decided to simply watch-the-show instead of “getting off their asses” as suggested by Mayor Nagin.

To me this half-ass attempt at liberating the people who needed help the most seemed to be more of some sort of twisted observance than a rescue effort; analogous to the public lynchings of the early 1900’s.

Replace White Supremacy with Justice because Justice is better than Racism.

Keep in mind, I could be incorrect.

I think this is correct. Many non-white people in the non-white diaspora can rightly be classified as displaced refugees from their original homelands. That is how we are seen under the System of Racism White Supremacy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: