HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Civilization

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Civilization Reply with quote

Civilization: Pronunciation Key

A person that guarantees no person is mistreated an also guarantees the person that needs help the most get the most help.
Trina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Civilization Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:

A person that guarantees no person is mistreated an also guarantees the person that needs help the most get the most help.

Virtual_GOD,

Could a "civilization" be a system of living that is designed so that no one is mistreated and the people that need help the most get the most help?

How did you come up with your definition? I know that "civilizations" are made up of people. So are you saying that each individual person is a "civilization" unto him/herself?

Trina
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Civilization Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:

Virtual_GOD,

Could a "civilization" be a system of living that is designed so that no one is mistreated and the people that need help the most get the most help?

Yes, it could be if a person wanted to define it as such. What we're really talking about is people interaction and at the most basic level that comes down to people.

Trina wrote:
How did you come up with your definition? I know that "civilizations" are made up of people. So are you saying that each individual person is a "civilization" unto him/herself?

Trina

Yes. A person is either civilized or the person isn't civilized. You can't have a person that is civilized in in the same universe at the same time where there are uncivilized people. The definition above says basically that in order for a person to be civilized he or she must practice justice. If one person is civilized all people are civilized. Justice is a global SYSTEM...global...and every person in a SYSTEM of justice is civilized. A SYSTEM of justice is the only civilization and that is because each person in a SYSTEM of justice guarantees no person is mistreated an also guarantees the person that needs help the most get the most help.

Either a person practices justice or the person doesn't practice justice. You can't have a person that practices justice in the same universe where non-justice exists. The definition above says basically that in order for a person to practice justice he or she must be in a SYSTEM of justice. If one person practices justice every person practices justice. A civilization is a global SYSTEM...global...and every person in a civilization practices justice. In a civilization each person guarantees no person is mistreated an also guarantees the person that needs help the most get the most help.

I could be incorrect.
Ausar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm Interesting....Peace Virtual_God

I was about to post the same toppic..

Hotep..
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So following the logic of the definition of "civilization", there is no such thing as a "civil war"

Right?

Civil - War

The two words cancel each other out.

I mean, what are we talking about? two groups of people throwing feathers at each other?

Two groups of people blowing bubbles at each other?

How can a person be a civilized killer?

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
So following the logic of the definition of "civilization", there is no such thing as a "civil war"

Right?

Civil - War

The two words cancel each other out.

I mean, what are we talking about? two groups of people throwing feathers at each other?

Two groups of people blowing bubbles at each other?

How can a person be a civilized killer?

Josh

Exactly...it is a contradiction. That is also the reason there can be no such thing as Maximum-Emergency Compensatory Justice.
Karim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
That is also the reason there can be no such thing as Maximum-Emergency Compensatory Justice.
Why is that also the reason there can be no such thing as Maximum-Emergency Compensatory Justice?

Keyword: Compensatory--- Making up for what's missing.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
That is also the reason there can be no such thing as Maximum-Emergency Compensatory Justice.
Why is that also the reason there can be no such thing as Maximum-Emergency Compensatory Justice?

Because that ain't justice...if it were the person committing it would be civilized.
Karim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:

Because that ain't justice...if it were the person committing it would be civilized.
What do you mean by Maximum-Emergency Compensatory Justice?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:

What do you mean by Maximum-Emergency Compensatory Justice?

You should purchase a copy of the codebook. They are 50% off right now, including shipping, for all your holiday needs...in the:

Counter-Racism Mall
"where your entire shopping experience is secure and encrypted"
While Supplies Last!

Link to what used to be Maximum-Emergency Compensatory Justice...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: