HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Good White Person
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trina

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Good White Person Reply with quote

Good White Person: Pronunciation Key

1. A white person who does not practice White Supremacy/Racism.
2. A white person who counters Racism/White Supremacy.

Trina
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Good White Person Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
Good White Person- A white person who does not practice White Supremacy/Racism. 2. A white person who counters Racism/White Supremacy.

Trina

Trina, I've got a question:

Are you saying that there can be a thing called "Good White People" in a System of White Supremacy, which is based on the mistreatment of people based on COLOR?

Trina, I'm confused..

Help me out here.

smallz

Last edited by Dan Freeman on Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Ausar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Good White Person Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
Good White Person- A white person who does not practice White Supremacy/Racism. 2. A white person who counters Racism/White Supremacy.

Trina

For a "white" person to exist(or persons who classify themselves as white) there have't to exist the system of White Supremacy....

The reality is that in truth there's no such thing as a white person.

That goes on to say that a person/s who counters racism (white supremacy by revealing truth he/she will not classify themselves as white.

Hotep
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Good White Person Reply with quote

Ausar wrote:
Trina wrote:

Trina

For a "white" person to exist(or persons who classify themselves as white) there have't to exist the system of a system White Supremacy....

That goes on to say that a person/s who counters racism (white supremacy by revealing truth he/she will not classify themselves as white.

Hotep

Quote:
For a "white" person to exist(or persons who classify themselves as white) there have't to exist the system of White Supremacy....

By this do you mean that, "White people" exist only as the result of the existence of a White Supremacy/Racism?

Quote:

By this, do you mean that a person classified as White will not counter-racsim?

smallz
Ausar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Good White Person Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
Ausar wrote:
Trina wrote:

Trina

For a "white" person to exist(or persons who classify themselves as white) there have't to exist the system of a system White Supremacy....

Hotep

Quote:

By this do you mean that, "White people" exist only as the result of the existence of a White Supremacy/Racism?

Peace smallz

Absolutely..

Hotep!

Quote:

smallz

Affirmative....

Hetep!
Trina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Good White Person Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
Trina wrote:

Trina

Are you saying that there can be a thing called "Good White People" in a System of White Supremacy, which is based on the mistreatment of people based on COLOR?

Trina, I'm confused..

Help me out here.

smallz

Yes smallz,

There can be a *thing* called a Good White Person in a system of White Supremacy/Racism. I didn't say that these type of people actually exist. It's just a concept. I have never met a White person who I can prove doesn't practice White Supremacy/Racism or who counters Racism/White Supremacy.
Ausar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Good White Person Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
smallz wrote:
Trina wrote:

Trina

Trina, I'm confused..

Help me out here.

smallz

Yes smallz,

There can be a *thing* called a Good White Person in a system of White Supremacy/Racism. I didn't say that these type of people actually exist. It's just a concept. I have never met a White person who I can prove doesn't practice White Supremacy/Racism or who counters Racism/White Supremacy.

Peace Trina...

Please don't get me wrong, but I must ask this question. The way you stating this is that a Good White Person does'nt practice White Supremacy/Racism but a "Bad White Person does..?

Peace!
Trina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Good White Person Reply with quote

Ausar wrote:
Trina wrote:
smallz wrote:
Trina wrote:

Trina

Trina, I'm confused..

Help me out here.

smallz

Yes smallz,

Peace Trina...

Please don't get me wrong, but I must ask this question. The way you stating this is that a Good White Person does'nt practice White Supremacy/Racism but a "Bad White Person does..?

Peace!

bad=incorrect good=correct
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On this planet, according to counter-racist logic, there are only white people, non-white people, and white supremacists (racists)...people that allow racism (white supremacy) to be practiced, people that are victims of white supremacy (racism), and people that practice white supremacy (racism)...respectively.

How can any of these people be "good"?
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On this planet, according to counter-racist logic, there are only white people, non-white people, and white supremacists (racists)...people that allow racism (white supremacy) to be practiced, people that are victims of white supremacy (racism), and people that practice white supremacy (racism)...respectively.

Now that's Fast Forwarding!

I think the question is,

If "good white people" don't exist, why even bother using the term or trying to define it?

smallz
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: Good White Person Reply with quote

Ausar wrote:
smallz wrote:
Ausar wrote:
Trina wrote:

Trina

Hotep

Quote:

Peace smallz

Absolutely..

Hotep!

Quote:

smallz

Affirmative....

Hetep!

Ok.

How do you know that a person classified as White will not counter-racsim?

smallz
Karim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Good White Person Reply with quote

trina wrote:
IT'S JUST A CONCEPT

Isn't Justice also a concept?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing we may want to keep in mind is that the purpose of this forum is to develop words that will allow for the establishment and maintenance of a SYSTEM of justice.

All words in this forum should allow a person to think, speak, and/or act to replace white supremacy (racism) with justice.

In a SYSTEM of justice all people would be ""good" people since all people will guarantee no person is mistreated and also guarantee the person that needs help the most get the most help. this is what makes it a SYSTEM.
Trina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
Quote:

Now that's Fast Forwarding!

I think the question is,

If "good white people" don't exist, why even bother using the term or trying to define it? smallz

Smallz, you may be correct. On the other hand, Justice doesn't exist so why bother using the term or try to define it.

Trina
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect a "good person" is any person that is able to guarantee no person is mistreated and also guarantee the person that needs help the most get the most help.

I could be incorrect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: