HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Diaspora

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Diaspora Reply with quote

DIASPORA: Pronunciation Key

The coloquial term used to describe a non white persons physical distance from a place of origin as designated by the White supremacists

Think about it, A Black person steps off the continent of Africa to go to school in Holland, all of the sudden he's in a "Diaspora"?

White people go live all over the world and you never hear about them in any kind of "Diaspora" This is an example of a nigger product that Black people have bought from White people that we now sell to each other.

I ain't in no DIASPORA, Im in the universe.

I think the term "Diaspora" is a word White supremacists designed to make non white people FEEL out of place any time they are away from any area the White supremacist have pre-designated for them.

Avoid the use of this term when describing the location of non white people.

Josh
MsTreated

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:16 am    Post subject: Diaspora Reply with quote

I first heard of the term "diaspora" when it was used referring to the "scattering" of the Jews after the Babylonian exile - "The Diaspora". One dictionary defines it as follows: "any scattering of people with a common origin, background, beliefs, etc.". The phrase was later coined: "African Diaspora". I can see that as an attempt to "soften" what happened to African people (as well as other non-white people) to a mere "scattering". That way you don't have to constantly use other uncomfortable terms like "deception, violence, genocide, domination, control, mistreatment based on color" etc. You may even be confused as to WHO did the scattering and why?
What would be the best codified word(s) to replace "diaspora"?
Josh

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... thats a good question. Im not even sure the word should be replaced. As quite possibly the first people to ever exist on the planet, let alone the universe, I don't think we should confine our origin to any one "place"; thats too niggardly for me. And besides, the White supremacists will take care of that.

Hmmm,

Lemme see what VGOD has to offer.

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Hmmm... thats a good question. Im not even sure the word should be replaced. As quite possibly the first people to ever exist on the planet, let alone the universe, I don't think we should confine our origin to any one "place"; thats too niggardly for me. And besides, the White supremacists will take care of that.

Hmmm,

Lemme see what VGOD has to offer.

Josh

I would say that the CORRECT usage of a word, in terms of counter-racist codification, is in the definition of the word. The definition of the word is what enforces usage.

As long as the word is used (defined) such that truth is revealed then the word is being used CORRECTLY, meaning the word is used in the best way possible (revealing truth). You don't have to replace the word "diaspora" with another word you just simply give it a definition that best reveals truth. In other words, a definition that best describes "what's happening" under the SYSTEM of white supremacy racism.
MsTreated

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Diaspora Reply with quote

Diaspora: the intentional scattering or disbursement of a people of common origin, through deception, manipulation, direct violence or the threat of violence for the purpose of confusing them and weakening their potential power as a collective force.

Would this be a start?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Diaspora Reply with quote

MsTreated wrote:
Diaspora: the intentional scattering or disbursement of a people of common origin, through deception, manipulation, direct violence or the threat of violence for the purpose of confusing them and weakening their potential power as a collective force.

Would this be a start?

I would say so. Now let's make sure your definition is tight...one step at a time.

Aren't all people from the same origin?
MsTreated

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 4:44 pm    Post subject: Diaspora Reply with quote

My answer would be "yes, originally". So should "origin" be changed to "location" or "culture"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: