HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Useful
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Useful Reply with quote

Useful: To maintain or Keep together

Example: Are you Useful?

Are you here to maintain the thought supposed?

Or are you Keeping together the thought supposed?

If NOT then,

Antonym: Useless: Not maintain or not keeping together

Example: You are useless.

You are not maintaining the thought supposed.

Or you are not keeping together the thought supposed.

Magnify 10x: A non-white males is fired from his or her job for not maintaining the idea of working... making him or her USELESS to people classified as white.

Magnify 20X: A non-white male is praised for his or her performance at his or her job, for maintianing what is required of his or her job... making him or her USEFUL to people classified as white.

Are you USEFUL to people classified as white?
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To maintain or keep together what? How? Where? When?

Isn't a "useful person" a person that promotes justice and correctness in all places and at all times?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
To maintain or keep together what? How? Where? When?

Isn't a "useful person" a person that promotes justice and correctness in all places and at all times?


To maintain or keep together the thought supposed... which is correct.

Yes... a useful person is a person that promotes correctness... and justice is one of its criteria.
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
To maintain or keep together what? How? Where? When?

Isn't a "useful person" a person that promotes justice and correctness in all places and at all times?


To maintain or keep together the thought supposed... which is correct.

Yes... a useful person is a person that promotes correctness... and justice is one of its criteria.

What is a "thought supposed"?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
To maintain or keep together what? How? Where? When?

Isn't a "useful person" a person that promotes justice and correctness in all places and at all times?


To maintain or keep together the thought supposed... which is correct.

Yes... a useful person is a person that promotes correctness... and justice is one of its criteria.

What is a "thought supposed"?
An Idea or concept
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
To maintain or keep together what? How? Where? When?

Isn't a "useful person" a person that promotes justice and correctness in all places and at all times?


To maintain or keep together the thought supposed... which is correct.

Yes... a useful person is a person that promotes correctness... and justice is one of its criteria.

What is a "thought supposed"?
An Idea or concept

Do white people that ractice white supremacy (racism) "maintain or keep together and idea or concept"? If so how is that "useful"?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:

Do white people that ractice white supremacy (racism) "maintain or keep together and idea or concept"?
Yes

Virtual_God wrote:
If so how is that "useful"?
As a non-white child, I see no use of the practice of "white supremacy (racism)", justice would be much better.

Not trying to be blunt but what is your point?
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:

Do white people that ractice white supremacy (racism) "maintain or keep together and idea or concept"?
Yes

Virtual_God wrote:
If so how is that "useful"?
As a non-white child, I see no use of the practice of "white supremacy (racism)", justice would be much better.

Not trying to be blunt but what is your point?

I don't have a point I'm just trying to follow THE LOGIC. If white people and non-white people are "useful" what are the logical mechanics, step-by-step, for this definition guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most get the most help?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:

Do white people that ractice white supremacy (racism) "maintain or keep together and idea or concept"?
Yes

Virtual_God wrote:
If so how is that "useful"?
As a non-white child, I see no use of the practice of "white supremacy (racism)", justice would be much better.

Not trying to be blunt but what is your point?

I don't have a point I'm just trying to follow THE LOGIC. If white people and non-white people are "useful" what are the logical mechanics, step-by-step, for this definition guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most get the most help?
Useful: to maintain or keep together...

Virtual_GOD wrote:
If white people and non-white people are "useful"
When did I state that any persons, being white or non-white was "useful?"
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:

Do white people that ractice white supremacy (racism) "maintain or keep together and idea or concept"?
Yes

Virtual_God wrote:
If so how is that "useful"?
As a non-white child, I see no use of the practice of "white supremacy (racism)", justice would be much better.

Not trying to be blunt but what is your point?

I don't have a point I'm just trying to follow THE LOGIC. If white people and non-white people are "useful" what are the logical mechanics, step-by-step, for this definition guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most get the most help?
Useful: to maintain or keep together...

Virtual_GOD wrote:
If white people and non-white people are "useful"
When did I state that any persons, being white or non-white was "useful?"

Please read this thread very carefully.

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Do white people that ractice white supremacy (racism) "maintain or keep together and idea or concept"?

Karim wrote:
Yes


You stated that white people that practice white supremacy (racism) are "useful" in that they "maintain or keep together an idea or concept"...your definition of "useful".

Logically speaking, if white people are "useful" in a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) non-white people are "useful" as well...because they are "useful" to the white people that practice white supremacy (racism). If there were no non-white people that practice white supremacy (racism)...no non-white people = no white supremacy (racism).

This is how a definition is not thought through carefully. I know because I do it all the time. But these are the logical questions to ask to oneself in the process of thinking through a definition step-by-step in a logical fashion.

Now that there is evidence of you stating that white people are "useful", directly, and also stating logically that non-white people are "useful", indirectly, there are two questions that still remain and those two questions are as follows:

(1) If white people who practice white supremacy (racism) "maintain or keep together and idea or concept how is that "useful"?

(2) What are the logical mechanics, step-by-step, for this definition guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most get the most help?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Karim



Joined: 08 Sep 2003
Posts: 329
Location: Orion's Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
Karim wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:

Do white people that ractice white supremacy (racism) "maintain or keep together and idea or concept"?
Yes

Virtual_God wrote:
If so how is that "useful"?
As a non-white child, I see no use of the practice of "white supremacy (racism)", justice would be much better.

Not trying to be blunt but what is your point?

I don't have a point I'm just trying to follow THE LOGIC. If white people and non-white people are "useful" what are the logical mechanics, step-by-step, for this definition guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most get the most help?
Useful: to maintain or keep together...

Virtual_GOD wrote:
If white people and non-white people are "useful"
When did I state that any persons, being white or non-white was "useful?"

Please read this thread very carefully.

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Do white people that ractice white supremacy (racism) "maintain or keep together and idea or concept"?

Karim wrote:
Yes


You stated that white people that practice white supremacy (racism) are "useful" in that they "maintain or keep together an idea or concept"...your definition of "useful".

Logically speaking, if white people are "useful" in a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) non-white people are "useful" as well...because they are "useful" to the white people that practice white supremacy (racism). If there were no non-white people that practice white supremacy (racism)...no non-white people = no white supremacy (racism).

This is how a definition is not thought through carefully. I know because I do it all the time. But these are the logical questions to ask to oneself in the process of thinking through a definition step-by-step in a logical fashion.

Now that there is evidence of you stating that white people are "useful", directly, and also stating logically that non-white people are "useful", indirectly, there are two questions that still remain and those two questions are as follows:

(1) If white people who practice white supremacy (racism) "maintain or keep together and idea or concept how is that "useful"?

(2) What are the logical mechanics, step-by-step, for this definition guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most get the most help?
1. non-whites are useful to people classified as white because of the system of white supremacy/racism itself. I don't know the use of people classified as white exept to practice white supremacy (racism)... now as for,

Virtual_GOD wrote:
(1) If white people who practice white supremacy (racism) "maintain or keep together and idea or concept how is that "useful"?
2. I suspect it is useful for a person classified as white to practice white supremacy/racism.

Virtual_GOD wrote:
(2) What are the logical mechanics, step-by-step, for this definition guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most get the most help?
3. "guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most get the most help"...

Definition needs revisal

Need some time to think
_________________
Replace White Supremacy (racism) with Ma'at
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
GOODYMAN



Joined: 12 Jan 2004
Posts: 11
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Useful to Racists: INJUSTICE

Useful to non-whites: JUSTICE

To promote JUSTICE in the system of R/WS is USEFUL.
JUSTICE in the system of R/WS is USELESS.
_________________
Your answer to the Critical Question is this:

http://www.counter-racism.com/cgi-bin/work-study/viewtopic.php?t=366&highlight=
Last post on the page.
Don't ask me again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 650
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

GOODYMAN wrote:
Useful to Racists: INJUSTICE

Useful to non-whites: JUSTICE

To promote JUSTICE in the system of R/WS is USEFUL.
JUSTICE in the system of R/WS is USELESS.


How can JUSTICE be "useful to non-whites" if JUSTICE doesn't exist?

According to counter racsit logic, you can't have JUSTICE and White Supremacy in the same universe at the same time.

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
GOODYMAN wrote:
Useful to Racists: INJUSTICE

Useful to non-whites: JUSTICE

To promote JUSTICE in the system of R/WS is USEFUL.
JUSTICE in the system of R/WS is USELESS.


How can JUSTICE be "useful to non-whites" if JUSTICE doesn't exist?

According to counter racsit logic, you can't have JUSTICE and White Supremacy in the same universe at the same time.

smallz

Good question. Following that logic...in order for something to be determined to be useful or not it first has to exist as a realtiy...not just a concept. In other words, someone or something has to put it into practice.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
GOODYMAN



Joined: 12 Jan 2004
Posts: 11
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
GOODYMAN wrote:
Useful to Racists: INJUSTICE

Useful to non-whites: JUSTICE

To promote JUSTICE in the system of R/WS is USEFUL.
JUSTICE in the system of R/WS is USELESS.


How can JUSTICE be "useful to non-whites" if JUSTICE doesn't exist?

According to counter racsit logic, you can't have JUSTICE and White Supremacy in the same universe at the same time.

smallz


So something has to be practiced to exist?

Okay then:

To promote JUSTICE in the system of R/WS is USEFUL.
JUSTICE in the system of R/WS is USELESS


Does PROMOTING IT cause it to exist?
_________________
Your answer to the Critical Question is this:

http://www.counter-racism.com/cgi-bin/work-study/viewtopic.php?t=366&highlight=
Last post on the page.
Don't ask me again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations