HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Practitioner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelixHair

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Practitioner Reply with quote

Practitioner: Pronunciation Key

A person who practices something in the attempt to continually improve that thing.

Last edited by HelixHair on Wed May 26, 2004 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Practitioner Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Practitioner = Someone who practices something in the attempt to continually improve at that thing.

Is a "practitioner" someone who uses thought, speech, and/or action?
HelixHair

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Practitioner Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Practitioner = Someone who practices something in the attempt to continually improve at that thing.

Yes.

Your post above is a revision of the original one you posted, isn't it? Why is the revison indicator missing?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Practitioner Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Yes.

Your post above is a revision of the original one you posted, isn't it? Why is the revison indicator missing?

Yes. You never see the revision indications until there is a post after your post. If you have a post that no one has ever posted in response to, you can change that post without a revision indicator. Anyone can do this. You don't have to be a moderator to do this.

I am always trying to simplify and refine my language and that is the reason for change. My original post had 3 questions...so I narrowed it down to 1 question...the best question...which is a compilation of the original three.

If a "practitioner" is someone who uses thought, speech, and/or action, why not just say that?
HelixHair

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Practitioner Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Yes.

Yes. You never see the revision indications until there is a post after your post. If you have a post that no one has ever posted in response to, you can change that post without a revision indicator. Anyone can do this. You don't have to be a moderator to do this.

I am always trying to simplify and refine my language and that is the reason for change. My original post had 3 questions...so I narrowed it down to 1 question...the best question...which is a compilation of the original three.

If a "practitioner" is someone who uses thought, speech, and/or action, why not just say that?

Thank you for that answer.

A practiooner is not just someone who uses thought speech and/or action. It is a person who speaks, acts, and/or thinks in a particilar way with great frequency and with the intent to continuously improve the effect of that thought, speech, and /or action

Last edited by HelixHair on Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Practitioner Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Yes.

A practiooner is not just someone who uses thought speech and/or action. It is a person who speaks, acts, and/or things in a particilar way with great frequency and with the intent to continuously improve the effect of that thought, speech, and /or action

Why?
mel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelixHair,

Is it possible to be a practitioner and not improve the effect of a thought, speech, or action?
HelixHair

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Practitioner Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Yes.

A practiooner is not just someone who uses thought speech and/or action. It is a person who speaks, acts, and/or things in a particilar way with great frequency and with the intent to continuously improve the effect of that thought, speech, and /or action

Why?

Because the practitioner judges that the something needs improvement.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

mel wrote:
HelixHair,

Is it possible to be a practitioner and not improve the effect of a thought, speech, or action?

No.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Practitioner Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Yes.

Why?

How?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
mel wrote:
HelixHair,

No.

Why not? I understand that is because the word is defined as such but what I don't understand THE LOGIC as to why? I also need examples of how the logic works...the logical mechanics of using the word and how that helps to follow a logical process for producing justice and correctness.

Thank you.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Practitioner Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:

Yes.

Why?

How?

How what?
HelixHair

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
mel wrote:
HelixHair,

No.

Why not? I understand that is because the word is defined as such but what I don't understand THE LOGIC as to why? I also need examples of how the logic works...the logical mechanics of using the word and how that helps to follow a logical process for producing justice and correctness.

Thank you.

Please, see my first post on the following page: ----- >
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
mel wrote:
HelixHair,

No.

Thank you.

OK...now what? I still do not understand THE LOGIC as to why the word "practitioner" is being defined such that it is not possible to be a practitioner and not improve the effect of a thought, speech, or action.

Does the root word "practice" also mean "improvement"? I also need examples of this definition including the mechanics for replacing white supremacy (racism) with justice.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
mel wrote:
HelixHair,

No.

Thank you.

OK...now what? I still do not understand THE LOGIC as to why the word "practitioner" is being defined such that it is not possible to be a practitioner and not improve the effect of a thought, speech, or action.

Does the root word "practice" also mean "improvement"? I also need examples of this definition including the mechanics for replacing white supremacy (racism) with justice.

I misread mel’s question and, thereby, failed to answer it correctly. The question I answered was " Is it possible to be a practitioner and not attempt to improve the effect of a thought, speech, or action?"

A practitioner, by definition, must attempt to improve the effect of a thought, speech, or action." She/he will not always succeed. A counter-racist has no proof that he/she is, indeed, effectively countering racism. This is because a counter-racist can only exist during the existence of the thing she/he is attempting to counter. A counter-racist practitioner seeks evidence that her/his attempts appear to be increasing in effectiveness.

A medical practitioner is someone who attempts to improve the effects of her/his treatment. And so on for a practitioner of teaching, building construction, poetry, etc.

Some people learn how to do a thing and then attempt to continuously improve the effect of that skill. Other people will learn it and be satisfied with their skill level because their interest in the outcome does not warrant the effort to improve it. Or, because they judge that they have gained the maximum skill possible at that behavior. I suspect that this also holds for counter-racist activity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: