HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

"The Race Card"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Jones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
No, what someone says about someone else here is not necessarily the truth. You know that, Highhouse.

We are all expressing our own truth. That is my main disagreement with this forum, that there is a certain intimidation felt when you disagree with some of the paradigm.

Highhouse, you asked if you have blood on your soul. I was going to answer that by saying no, to me you have an honest vibe. That's what bothers me -- white people who aren't familiar with this paradigm or this particular vocabulary and way of speaking about racism, get perceived as dishonest when they are trying to communiate from truth.

Or as a white female I get perceived as having a black males fetish because I said I fell in love with one black man, I am attracted to black men as well as ALL men (short, bald, in a wheelchair - just men are in general attractive to women, right? why should black men NOT be?!), and because I do not get angry when people treat me with harshness or disrespect. My feeling is, "what have black people ever done to white people? But the breadth of damage from white people to black people is unspeakabe." I'm willing to take any harshness in a search for communication.

It's deserved by all of us.

cloudsong

ok....

so...

Is this statement True or False?:

A Non-White person could be helped the most if Racism/White Supremacy was replaced with Justice.
cloudsong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neckst, I don't know everything. I get confused sometimes by the precision logic -- I think I got a "B-" in logic in college. Just because I'm white doesn't mean I know everything about racism instinctively, or am as intelligent as V-God or Helixhair or you or whoever is trying to take me through a complex thought pattern or a very subtle differentiation in terms etc.

I think my or Highhouse or anyone being accused of being a white supremacist the minute we don't have all the answers or understand a question or say something seemingly contradictory is a rush to judgment. To me Highhouse and I are here honestly wanting to communicate, (but he shoudln't joke but it might be out of frustration). Give us a chance. And I DON'T agree with the whole of the paradigm here, including the amount of free will non-white people have under a system of WS/R.

I would say that non-white people are benefited more from an end to WS/R, in terms of worldly damages being reversed - economic, etc. - but that white supremacists would be benefited most in repairing their souls. I feel non-white people have managed to keep the integrity in their souls. I should sit back and listen and learn a while instead of post in a confused way.

cloudsong

Last edited by cloudsong on Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
James Jones

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
Neckst, I don't know everything. I get confused sometimes by the precision logic -- I think I got a "B-" in logic in college. Just because I'm white doesn't mean I know everything about racism instinctively, or am as intelligent as V-God or Helixhair or you or whoever is trying to take me through a complex thought pattern or a very subtle differentiation in terms etc.

I think my or Highhouse or anyone being accused of being a white supremacist the minute we don't have all the answers or understand a question or say something seemingly contradictory is a rush to judgment. To me Highhouse and I are here honestly wanting to communicate, (but he shoudln't joke but it might be out of frustration). Give us a chance. And I DON'T agree with the whole of the paradigm here, including the amount of free will non-white people have under a system of WS/R.

I would say that non-white people are benefited more from an end to WS/R, in terms of worldly damages being reversed - economic, etc. - but that white supremacists would be benefited most in repairing their souls. I feel non-white people have managed to keep the integrity in their souls. I should sit back and listen and learn a while instead of post in a confused way.

cloudsong

So is this statement True or False?

A Non-White Person could be HELPED the most if Racism/White Supremacy was replaced with Justice.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:

cloudsong

cloudsong,

Who has the most at stake for replacing the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM of justice, white people or non-white people?
cloudsong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused and am going to sit back and listen and learn with some needed humility on my part before I post confusedly.

cloudsong
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
I'm confused and am going to sit back and listen and learn with some needed humility on my part before I post confusedly.

cloudsong

I'll rephrase the question...

Who has the most at stake for replacing the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM of justice, the people who are able to practice white supremacy/racism (white people) or the victims of white supremacy/racism (non-white people)?
cloudsong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your effort for me by rephrasing the question.

However my problem is not in the question --

-- I don't undestand the answer clearly yet in my heart. That's why I'll wait till I can answer.

cloudsong
cloudsong

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I'm on the Millionaire show, but this is my final answer:

The confusion I was feeling, a lightbulb suddenly revealed to me, was between the concepts of help versus change.

If white supremacy were replaced with justice:

Non-white people would be helped the most.

White supremacist people would be changed the most.

cloudsong
James Jones

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
I feel like I'm on the Millionaire show, but this is my final answer:

The confusion I was feeling, a lightbulb suddenly revealed to me, was between the concepts of help versus change.

If white supremacy were replaced with justice:

Non-white people would be helped the most.

White supremacist people would be changed the most.

cloudsong

My question was concerning Help, not "Change."

This is my question:

Is this statement True or is this statement False?

A Non-White Person could be HELPED the most if Racism/White Supremacy was replaced with Justice.

Is this statement True or is this statement False?
cloudsong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True.

cloudsong
James Jones

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
True.

cloudsong

Thank-you
cloudsong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're very welcome. Sorry it took me so long to think it through.
cloudsong
James Jones

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cloudsong,

Who is currently preventing you from ending the system of Racism(White Supremacy) and producing a system of Justice?
cloudsong

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am being stopped by powerful white supremacists like Ashcroft and Bush.

The Iraq war is part of white supremacy. Despite going to most of the war protests, calling the White House, speaking out against the war to everyone I talk to, and other anti-war measures, I haven't yet stopped the war evn when joining with millions of people agsainst the war around the globe.

That is because they are powerful white supremacists and I have not yet figured out how to compete with them in power, how to end their power. The election seems one way and that is why I am for Kerry.

Ditto for all the other things I'm trying to get white supremacists to stop doing. I wrote to Senator Hatch against his relaxing gun control in the D.C. area - we don't need more children killed. No response.

I do what I can, but white supremacy continues. I get frustrated too.

There are a million ways to work against it. If there is a specific way you're intersted in my help in, I will help. Anyone who needs help in any way? Any cause you want a white voice that somehow having a white voice might help? I just want to be of servie, while continuing my own activities. cloudsong
James Jones

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
I am being stopped by powerful white supremacists like Ashcroft and Bush.

The Iraq war is part of white supremacy. Despite going to most of the war protests, calling the White House, speaking out against the war to everyone I talk to, and other anti-war measures, I haven't yet stopped the war evn when joining with millions of people agsainst the war around the globe.

That is because they are powerful white supremacists and I have not yet figured out how to compete with them in power, how to end their power. The election seems one way and that is why I am for Kerry.

Ditto for all the other things I'm trying to get white supremacists to stop doing. I wrote to Senator Hatch against his relaxing gun control in the D.C. area - we don't need more children killed. No response.

I do what I can, but white supremacy continues. I get frustrated too.

There are a million ways to work against it. If there is a specific way you're intersted in my help in, I will help. Anyone who needs help in any way? Any cause you want a white voice that somehow having a white voice might help? I just want to be of servie, while continuing my own activities. cloudsong

Are those the only people preventing you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: