HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

"The Race Card"
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Jones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: "The Race Card" Reply with quote

The Race Card: Pronunciation Key

Holding the White Supremacist (Racist Man and Racist Woman) responsible for anything.
HighHouse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also is sometimes used as a scapegoat for the failings of the black man.
cloudsong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also used as a scapegoat for the failings of the white man.

And it's usually the card that black people were dealt by white supremacy and racism.

cloudsong
James Jones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HighHouse wrote:
Also is sometimes used as a scapegoat for the failings of the black man.

We are here for one purpose and one purpose only, to produce words that when used will reveal truth and use truth to promote justice and correctness in all places and at all times.

Why are you here, HighHouse?
James Jones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
It's also used as a scapegoat for the failings of the white man.

And it's usually the card that black people were dealt by white supremacy and racism.

cloudsong

We are here for one purpose and one purpose only, to produce words that when used will reveal truth and use truth to promote justice and correctness in all places and at all times.

Why are you Here, Cloudsong?
cloudsong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neckst, sometimes I wish my posts could speak for themselves, for example I wish you'd responded to my addition to the race card definition instead of asking me why I'm here. On the other hand, I don't blame anyone for continuing to ask me why I'm here or any white person why he or she is here.

I'm here partly for personal reasons, two of the people I've loved the most in my life being black, one a child whom I can't get out of my mind, but more for the reason to join in the purpose of the forum, to use words correctly to promote justice.

Until I came here I never realized the extent to which our language subtly promotes white supremacy and racism - I had thought actions were more to blame.

I am here to learn, I am here to share. One thing I want to share -- I was never told by any white person, "this is how white supremacy works, this is how you should act to promote racism and white supremacy." It's something I observe and intuit and I want to share those observations and intutions here.

cloudsong
James Jones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
Neckst, sometimes I wish my posts could speak for themselves, for example I wish you'd responded to my addition....

I responded to your "addition:"

We (inclusive) are here for one purpose and one purpose only, to produce words that when used will reveal truth and use truth to promote justice and correctness in all places and at all times.

And now I am asking YOU (cloudsong), Why are YOU here?
***Note: limit the words, niggas get confused easily***
cloudsong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am here to:

To use the right words to help create justice in the world.

To answer any questions in the best words I can.

To correct misperceptions which I perceive here, such as people here think that white people are told by other white people how white supremacy works. I was not ever told that in so many words.

To tell you what I see and perceive about white supremacy living as a white person in a system of white supremacy.

To connect with the people here in any way and to give help in any way to whoever needs help the most if anyone private messages me with a request for help.

To apologize for the arrogance of a lot of white people who won't recognize white supremacy/racism and to try to speak for the vast numbers of white people who want justice and who feel like I express here.

cloudsong
James Jones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
I am here to:

To use the right words to help create justice in the world.

To answer any questions in the best words I can.

To correct misperceptions which I perceive here, such as people here think that white people are told by other white people how white supremacy works. I was not ever told that in so many words.

To tell you what I see and perceive about white supremacy living as a white person in a system of white supremacy.

To connect with the people here in any way and to give help in any way to whoever needs help the most if anyone private messages me with a request for help.

To apologize for the arrogance of a lot of white people who won't recognize white supremacy/racism and to try to speak for the vast numbers of white people who want justice and who feel like I express here.

cloudsong

You have listed many reasons for why you are HERE.

Which reason is your Ultimate Reason for being HERE?
cloudsong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think helping anyone who needs the most help is my most deeply felt reason for being here. Only one person has asked me for help though. I wish more would ask.

cloudsong
James Jones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
I think helping anyone who needs the most help is my most deeply felt reason for being here. Only one person has asked me for help though. I wish more would ask.

cloudsong

With-in the three major catagories of people, who is in need of the most help:

White people?
Non-White People?
Racist/White Supremacist?
cloudsong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ask the hard questions.

Does the perperprator of injustice (white supremacist), or the perpetratee/perpetrated upon, of injustice (non-white people), need help the most...

I think it's equal need of help.

cloudsong
James Jones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
You ask the hard questions.

Does the perperprator of injustice (white supremacist), or the perpetratee/perpetrated upon, of injustice (non-white people), need help the most...

I think it's equal need of help.

cloudsong

With-in a System of Non-Justice, there is no such thing as equality.
Reason: There is an imbalance with-in the system.

Cloudsong,
Who is in need of the most help:

White people?
Non-White People?
Racist/White Supremacist?
cloudsong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like asking who is in the need of the most help, the murderer or the person he's in the process of murdering...

The person being murdered needs the immediate help, but the murderer needs the long-term help.

I feel that non-white people need immediate emergency compensatory help, while white supremacists need deep, long-term, soul-searching, moral and spiritual help.

They are two different kinds of help. They are not of equal quality.

The white supremacists are sicker. From that standpoint they need help the most.

cloudsong
James Jones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
It's like asking who is in the need of the most help, the murderer or the person he's in the process of murdering...

The person being murdered needs the immediate help, but the murderer needs the long-term help.

I feel that non-white people need immediate emergency compensatory help, while white supremacists need deep, long-term, soul-searching, moral and spiritual help.

They are two different kinds of help. They are not of equal quality.

The white supremacists are sicker. From that standpoint they need help the most.

cloudsong

Are you implying that the Racist/White Supremacist are in need of the most help while Non-White People are being mistreated on the basis of color by White people?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: