HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Pain

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cloudsong



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Posts: 327
Location: Arlington VA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Pain Reply with quote

Pain: Pronunciation Key

1. The form of payment to slaves in America.

2. The unacknowledged psychological state of black people in America.

"Slaves had been paid only in the coin of pain."

"Pain has become the normal psychological state of black people in America."


Last edited by cloudsong on Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
cloudsong



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Posts: 327
Location: Arlington VA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Debt Reply with quote

Debt - What whites owe blacks in America and what blacks owe themselves.

Whites must pay the psychic and economic debt they owe blacks for the damage done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
cloudsong



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Posts: 327
Location: Arlington VA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Blind Spot Reply with quote

Blind Spot - Whites' inability to see the causes of blacks' pain.

Solving the problem of white supremacy will require whites to be willing to see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta be kidding me...

cloudsong wrote:
Pain = 1. The form of payment to slaves in America.


All people have and/or feel pain.

cloudsong wrote:
Debt - What whites owe blacks in America and what blacks owe themselves.


A debt is anything owed, not just people in what is known as "america".

cloudsong wrote:
Blind Spot - Whites' inability to see the causes of blacks' pain.

I suspect white people who practice white supremacy (racism) could also practice justice.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cloudsong



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Posts: 327
Location: Arlington VA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, anyone can feel pain. I thought the purpose of this definitionary was to redefine words as they apply to white supremacy.
I must study this some more to understand how to post correctly in this thread.

I feel pain that you discontinued dialoguing with me after I answered your questions in the other thread, and you did not give me a reason why.

cloudsong
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
You're right, anyone can feel pain. I thought the purpose of this definitionary was to redefine words as they apply to white supremacy.
I must study this some more to understand how to post correctly in this thread.

I feel pain that you discontinued dialoguing with me after I answered your questions in the other thread, and you did not give me a reason why.

cloudsong

The objective is to use truth as a standard. If anyone can feel pain are you revealing truth why are you narrowing the perception?

I will respond to your questions. I'm currently away on business and will not return until this weekend. I will then have the chance to read through what you have posted, provided ithere are not a lot of stories, and respond. White people always tell non-white people a lot of stories because they know non-white people are highly emotional beings. Whatever makes us feel good.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cloudsong



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Posts: 327
Location: Arlington VA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not told a lot of stories here - have I?, perhaps you mean my telling how I feel I want to be accepted, yes in that regard I guess I did. Also in response to your question in which you asked me to give you exact scenarios, with what people said and did. It was hard to answer that question without giving detailed stories.

Your latest replies to me, including "you gotta be kidding me" do not have the tone of respect with which you address the other people on here, using "sir or madam" etc. I feel that there is an element of personal-ness, if you dislike me perhaps having met me at the Malcolm X lecture I am sorry.

cloudsong
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
I have not told a lot of stories here - have I?, perhaps you mean my telling how I feel I want to be accepted, yes in that regard I guess I did. Also in response to your question in which you asked me to give you exact scenarios, with what people said and did. It was hard to answer that question without giving detailed stories.

Your latest replies to me, including "you gotta be kidding me" do not have the tone of respect with which you address the other people on here, using "sir or madam" etc. I feel that there is an element of personal-ness, if you dislike me perhaps having met me at the Malcolm X lecture I am sorry.

cloudsong

If I have offended you I apologize. I don't think we've ever met face-to-face. I've never been to a Malcolm X lecture. Just follow THE LOGIC and you'll be just fine. I ain't gonna get into a conversation with how I feel about this or that with anyone but my mate.

Just follow THE LOGIC and you'll be just fine.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
cloudsong



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Posts: 327
Location: Arlington VA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you wrote a book on Malcolm X, I apologize.

I respect that you reserve your most private feelings for your mate. I have felt as a white person that I owed opening my life to black people, but perhaps I am doing my mate a disservice.

I did feel offended yes, because I do feel you stereotyped me in giving the reason that I tell stories. I come from a family of oral storytellers on my mother's side, partly from our Native American heritage, and I tell many more white people stories, than black people. Also as an English major and writer, I believe in the power of stories.

I do not know about non-white people being so emotional. I have seen deeper emotion in black people than in white people, but I thought that was a good thing, not a bad thing.

cloudsong
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
cloudsong



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Posts: 327
Location: Arlington VA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virtual God, I do need to add that the particular reason I was upset by "you gotta be kidding me" is because to me as a white person in posting about the pain of black people I am aware that it is a deadly serious subject.

My lack of understanding the proper purpose of and posting in the definitionary was unintelligent of me, but I would not 'kid' about pain.

My post was meant well. Your line connoted that you were making fun of or questioning my intelligence in my post, my ability to think intelligently about the word 'pain' or my sincerity in my post.

It is important to me to stand up for myself being respected, as well as standing up for respect for others.

cloudsong
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3079
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
Virtual God, I do need to add that the particular reason I was upset by "you gotta be kidding me" is because to me as a white person in posting about the pain of black people I am aware that it is a deadly serious subject.

My lack of understanding the proper purpose of and posting in the definitionary was unintelligent of me, but I would not 'kid' about pain.

My post was meant well. Your line connoted that you were making fun of or questioning my intelligence in my post, my ability to think intelligently about the word 'pain' or my sincerity in my post.

It is important to me to stand up for myself being respected, as well as standing up for respect for others.

cloudsong

Just follow THE LOGIC and you'll be fine.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations