HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Faith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wannabright

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Faith Reply with quote

Faith: Pronunciation Key

Faith is "Believing what you've been told". This includes what you've been told by anyone, or anything. For instance, often we tell ourselves things, it can be said we have faith in ourselves. Often we "hear" the All-Power, if we believe in that message it connotates acting upon that message, therefore we can be said to have faith in the All-Power. And sometimes we even "think" we hear the All-Power, when it was REALLY something else... in that case we are believing in a lie we've told ourselves... therefore our faith is false. I am thinking of the "prayers" the pilgrims said over the butchering of the non-white people they found here. They are saying they have faith in the All-Power... but their actions are very different from that. If you believe because you are white, you are entitled to kill, beat, massacre and otherwise mistreat non-white people... then you have a belief in white supremacy, and you have faith in white supremacists.

The Qur'an
Sura 21, Ayat 18
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is belief?
Wannabright

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
What is belief?

Belief is consciously or unconsciously accepting a thing and/or concept as true or as the truth.

The Qur'an
Sura 21, Ayat 18
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Wannabright wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
What is belief?

Belief is consciously or unconsciously accepting a thing and/or concept as true or as the truth.

Even if it is false?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Jaime Sanchez wrote:
I think that faith has to do with economics and/or investment.

For example if your faith is that a thing called justice can be produced then you invest much of your faith in attempting to produce and/or maintain a thing called justice.

But there is still no definition. But there is a clue to what it may mean.

It's true that we have been told about justice and what that may mean. But faith cannot be to simply adopt (believe) statements.

Observation of the enviroment, scrutiny of the statement, an experiment to test the statement...

This thread can only lead to several hypothesis of what faith may mean. The next step would be to develop several scenarios to test the hypothesis. Whichever hypothesis holds up is closer to the truth.

One hypothesis has been suggested (the initial posting to this thread).

Are you asking a question?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Jaime Sanchez wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Jaime Sanchez wrote:
I think that faith has to do with economics and/or investment.

For example if your faith is that a thing called justice can be produced then you invest much of your faith in attempting to produce and/or maintain a thing called justice.

But there is still no definition. But there is a clue to what it may mean.

It's true that we have been told about justice and what that may mean. But faith cannot be to simply adopt (believe) statements.

Observation of the enviroment, scrutiny of the statement, an experiment to test the statement...

This thread can only lead to several hypothesis of what faith may mean. The next step would be to develop several scenarios to test the hypothesis. Whichever hypothesis holds up is closer to the truth.

One hypothesis has been suggested (the initial posting to this thread).

Are you asking a question?

What is a question?

A "question" is a word...a way of requesting information.

Jaime Sanchez wrote:
Is a question a hypothesis?

That depends on what the meaning of the word "hypothesis" is when you use it.

Jaime Sanchez wrote:
The initial post to this thread acts like a question.

For example:

"I think that faith is..."

is the equivalent to saying

"The hypothesis is that faith means..."

means, faith and equivalent mean "=".

So my question is: What is a faith?

Excellent question. Now that you have a question you can write a counter-racism science experiment and post it in the Counter-Racism Science Project forum, if you so choose, to find out the best definition for the word "faith". You can also, if you so choose, run that counter-racism science experiment and post the data from running that counter-racism science experiment in the Counter-Racism Science Project forum.

There is a counter-racism science experiment already in the Counter-Racism Science Project forum that is designed to help a person find the best definition of words and it is called The Best Word To Use

Jaime Sanchez wrote:
A hypothesis (answer) has been offered. That hypothesis is the initial post to this thread.

So once a hypothesis (answer) is offered, what is the next step?

Write a counter-racism science experiment, post it, run it, post the data, refine it, run it, post the data, refine it, run it, post the data, refine it, run it, post the data, refine it, run it, post the data.

Jaime Sanchez wrote:
Would it be constructive to develop an experiment to test the offered hypothesis as a group since this forum acts as a group?

Write a counter-racism science experiment, post it, run it, post the data, refine it, run it, post the data, refine it, run it, post the data, refine it, run it, post the data, refine it, run it, post the data.

Jaime Sanchez wrote:
What is the point of offering hypothesis to the group?

I don't know.

Last edited by Edward Williams on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wannabright

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Wannabright wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
What is belief?

Even if it is false?
Yes, even if it is false. There is much evidence the white supremacists believe in what they're doing. What they are doing is unjust. What they believe is not justice or truth. I would refer to their belief as "false belief" or "unbelief".

Say; O you who reject faith! I worship not that which you worship. Nor will you worship that which I worship. And I will not worship that which you have been accustomed to worship. Nor will you worship that which I am accustomed to worship. To you be your way, and to me mine.
Al Qur'an Sura 109 Al Kafirun (Those who reject faith)
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Wannabright wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Wannabright wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
What is belief?

Even if it is false?
Yes, even if it is false. There is much evidence the white supremacists believe in what they're doing. What they are doing is unjust. What they believe is not justice or truth. I would refer to their belief as "false belief" or "unbelief".

Say; O you who reject faith! I worship not that which you worship. Nor will you worship that which I worship. And I will not worship that which you have been accustomed to worship. Nor will you worship that which I am accustomed to worship. To you be your way, and to me mine.
Al Qur'an Sura 109 Al Kafirun (Those who reject faith)

If belief is "consciously or unconsciously accepting a thing and/or concept as true or as the truth" even if it is false what good is belief?

Last edited by Edward Williams on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wannabright

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Wannabright wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Wannabright wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
What is belief?

Even if it is false?

If belief is "consciously or unconsciously accepting a thing and/or concept as true or as the truth" even if it is false what good is belief?

Correct belief is a requirement before you can consciously DO anything correctly. For instance, you might ask any person... Do you believe in bathing? Do you believe in breathing air? Do you believe drinking water is a necessity? Do you believe Justice is better than White Supremacy?

The Qur'an
Sura 21, Ayat 18
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Wannabright wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Wannabright wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Wannabright wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
What is belief?

Even if it is false?

Correct belief is a requirement before you can consciously DO anything correctly. For instance, you might ask any person... Do you believe in bathing? Do you believe in breathing air? Do you believe drinking water is a necessity? Do you believe Justice is better than White Supremacy?

That simply comes down to the definition of belief. Where is the counter-racism science experiment you used to come up with this definition of belief?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: