HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Ethnic
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Ethnic Reply with quote

Ethnic: Pronunciation Key

Anything a non-white person says and/or does.
Josh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard the "arguements" White people are having in Northern Ireland described as ethnic.

When I would hear about a bombing or a shooting I would think to myself; " What is the problem?...I don't see any Black people..."

Now maybe I wasn't looking for non white people because I didn't see the word "ethnic. The term I often hear is "sectarian".

Ethnic food

Ethnic diversity

Ethnic studies

These terms have something to do with non white people.

Josh
Josh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an article in which the word ethnic is used 23 times.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49227-2004Jan2.html

You can review how the word is used in a system of racism White supremacy. And whether the word has utility for counter racism applications.

Josh
The Observer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ethnic" has been used in American history to describe European immigrants to America who are not from the founding English/British group in America.

So "ethnic" referred to Italian or German Jewish or Polish people and their languages, customs and food.

This was distinguished from "racial" which meant people who were assumed to be non-White in race and of non-European immigrant background such as American Indians, Chinese, Filipino or the descendents of black slaves.

Yet this is partly flawed because White people in America of English or British descent are from an "ethnic" group, i.e. English/British ethnic group.

The best way to look at the meaning of "ethnic" is to see it as a term to describe a population within a race that has a history of living as a group with it's own language, territory and that has historically intermarried within that population.

So Koreans, Japanese, Vietnamese are three "ethnic groups" within a larger "race". Whether you call that race "East Asian" or "Mongoloid" etc.

Same with the European or "White" or "Caucasian" racial group. With in it are smaller ethnic groups such as Irish, English, Greek, French, Serbian, etc.

People don't change their ethnic heritage by moving to or being born in another country.

Think of "race" being like the USA as a country and "ethnic" group being like the states of Maryland, Virginia and California within that country.
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big "nigger product" here folks. I see The Observer brought his "shovel" with him.

Lets review a bit:

"Ethnic" has been used in American history to describe European immigrants to America who are not from the founding English/British group in America.

So "ethnic" referred to Italian or German Jewish or Polish people and their languages, customs and food.

This was distinguished from "racial" which meant people who were assumed to be non-White in race and of non-European immigrant background such as American Indians, Chinese, Filipino or the descendents of black slaves....

Besides the buckets of words, notice the tenses he chooses to use:

has been

referred

was

meant

were

Exactly, all past tense.

This is a technique White people use to add credibility to their statements when they are attempting deception:

"Eve said...and then Adam said...and then the snake said..."

White people often use this technique to get you to go "historical" on them.

Don't take the bait.

Eve ain't here, Adam ain't here, the devil...well...

Just remember, before a White person can practice racism they must decide who is and who isn't a White person.

"Ethnic" is just another term the White supremacist made up to classify a person as non white.

Josh

Last edited by Josh on Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Observer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh the only "nigger product" on this board is the one yo' mama gave birth to.

Stop soiling my posts with your insipid little responses. You seem to hit your "saturation point" whenever I post anything of intellectual clarity that threatens you.

You sound like a prissy little school teacher grading my papers.

http://tftb.com/deify/churchlady.jpg

Josh Wickett ^^

I'm starting to think you're an old White woman who used to teach elementary school.

My post was clear, accurate and intelligent. It wasn't written by me for people with a "nigger" complex like you.

I meant it to be read by anybody of any race. And I consider it to be true.

Last edited by The Observer on Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Observer,

You better stop posting pictures, this ain't "the code .net"; pictures aren't allowed here.

If you keep doing it VGOD is gonna "pinch" you.

Lose the picture.

Josh

Last edited by Josh on Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
HighHouse

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word is "lose", not "loose". For someone who preaches to be an educated black man you sure don't know how to spell.

I agree with everything The Observer said.
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHouse,

Thanks for the correction.

The information you have provided will enable me to counter racism.

Thanks

Josh
benazee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: both a ya Reply with quote

Josh and God are especially looking for the way "ethnic" works as a code in the scientific system of white supremacy. Observer is treating the term as something to be used independently, with no particular attempt to decide if there is a code at work or not. What Observer says is true, Josh does not dispute it. But Josh sez to Observer, you have not looked into the code. EVEN if what you say is true, Observer, you present no argument that advances an understanding of the code, one way or another.

But you could, I think. You could say that nonwhites are sometimes on the verge of becoming white as they graduate from race to ethnicity.

Josh does a pretty good imitation of Church Lady, I think. I'm not sure what to think of his opening shot, the n-word. That's kind of a rough way to start unless you've got some kind of relationship built up already. It is a shocking term to use as an introduction. I can see why Observer stiffens up and does not listen very carefully to Josh's reply.
Josh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You could say that nonwhites are sometimes on the verge of becoming white as they graduate from race to ethnicity.
--Benazee

RACE

ETHNIC

From "Race" to "Ethnic"?

Benazee,

don't eat anymore of that "product" the Observer cooked.

Do you realize what just happened to you?

Josh
benazee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:43 am    Post subject: sarcastic Reply with quote

that i got sarcastic?
Josh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no not at all.

You ingested the Observers definition of Ethnic and look what it caused you to write:

You could say that nonwhites are sometimes on the verge of becoming white as they graduate from race to ethnicity.

I was gonna comment on this statement but I think I need you to tell me what you mean by it .

Josh
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: If I may... Reply with quote

Quote:
My post was clear, accurate and intelligent. It wasn't written by me for people with a "nigger" complex like you.

Observer,

When you stated this in response to Josh, why did you put quotation marks around the word nigger?

smallz
benazee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: code Reply with quote

Josh, my comments are meant to carve out the space defined by the anti-logic of white supremacy in the USA, especially in its Klan articulations. When Observer described the usage of "ethnic" he referred to the way "white" folks once talked about (still talk about) peoples who are not considered white, but who are also not considered as belonging to one of the nonwhite skin-color groups: red and yellow, black and white.

White supremacy in the USA has a WASP core that renders "ethnics" as white nonwhites.

Thus a strange status is revealed in the code of white supremacy for "ethnics" who are not quite relegated to the abject inferiority of another "race", but who are also not taken to be "white". You emphasis on the "pastness" of these "ethnic" categories demonstrates that those peoples who once were ethnic can over time become white.

So that was the point of my sarcastic comment about "being promoted" or "graduated" from race to ethnicity. The white nonwhite ethnic can over time become more and more white until the question of ethnicity becomes a challenge for "recovery".

All this takes the code of white supremacy strictly at face value.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: