HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

On a new job
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abena,

Thank you for your post. There are many suggestions for what to do and what not to do on the job on this website. Some of those suggestions were posted before the refinement of the FAQ and some were posted after the refinement of the FAQ.

Please do not hesitate to question any suggestion in such a manner that truth is revealed toward the production of justice and correctness. Please do not hesitate to seek assistance, according to the FAQ in a manner that promotes justice and correctness.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RecoveringAa wrote:
Greetings again,

I am still on the same job I began in 2008. The supervisor I suspected as a practicing racist is no longer there. She was relieved of her duties last year August. That was during the time of my initial Performance Appraisal and I was placed on 60 day review status. I responded to the terms of the review, working to improve my performance as indicated and she subsequently raised \"new concerns\" during the review period.
I followed the company's protocol, filed a grievance and one month later she was terminated.

Since that time, a non-white staff was hired. She actually began the same day of the supervisors firing. This staff is not in a Supervisory position. Her behaviors however, are consistent with those of white racists in terms of use of words to confuse. This past year has been extremely challenging and I have experienced great harm as a result. A white co-worker was recently terminated as a direct result of the non-white staff members using words to scapegoat us.

I passed another evaluation period, was granted the standard 2% raise and my workload has increased as a result of being short staffed. There is no plan in place to fill that position and this means my workload is currently out of compliance with the State regulations for consumer to clinician ratio.
There have been numerous incidents that violate the Constitution and I definitely believed my efforts to defend it are being subverted. I have therefore requested a meeting that may lead to an investigation to identify the culprits.

I am torn because I know that the evidence I have may lead to the firing of my current Supervisor who is also non-white and possible actions taken against other staff who are also non-white. I am anxious about how things will play out and what is the best way to proceed.
I have asked for the meeting to take place tomorrow yet have received no official response to my email with the exception of one doctor who reports she is scheduled to be off and unable to attend.

Do I go forward with the meeting to present the evidence I have without all invited players?
If not, what are the best words to use to assure all invited and those interested in defending the Constitution be present. i.e what if they insist we hold the meeting tomorrow and they excuse the white people who were invited from being present?

I have requested the presence of my Supervisor - non-white, her supervisor - non-white, his supervisor - white and the two staff doctors one white one non-white (Indian).

Abena

Abena,

Sorry to hear about your situation. If you could please post the e-mail you sent to setup the meeting and/or what was said to set it up.

What are you trying to accomplish with the meeting?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RecoveringAa wrote:
Greetings again as I lost the original reply penned @2 hrs ago.

Now you'll get the abbr. version

This email was sent Monday morning @ 8:30 am. It was developed by a Counter-Racist Scientist. .

Quote:
I have probable cause to believe that someone is subverting me in my duties to defend the Constitution (Due Process – Doing things correctly—including Equal Protection). I request a meeting, at my regularly scheduled supervisory session 6/29/10 @ 12 Noon to be held in Conference room A with all persons in our agency who have a duty to support same to inquire, and if needed, begin an investigation about this suspected subversion.

Without the assistance of others who share this duty, I will likely be tasked with a greater total workload than Equal Protection permits.

If I am forced/ pressured to make a charge, file an official grievance, and/or complaint before the inquiry and/or investigation is completed, it is likely that Due Process will not have been afforded. Further, unless I have been misinformed, Due Process requires that if the investigation concludes that one or more persons may have violated one or more laws, such charges should be made by persons representing this good agency.

If I am charged or have been charged with the violation of any law of this agency, or am subjected to any adverse action before the inquiry and/or investigation is completed, it is likely that Due Process will not have been afforded.

I was seeking to assure no further harm came my way and I would obtain assistance with assuring the consumers served experience a reduction in harm.

Abena
M.E.

Who is the Counter-Racist Scientist that wrote the e-mail? They should also participate in this conversation so that you have the benefit of as much constructive information as possible.

Did the meeting take place today? If so what was said and what was done?

It has been my experience that it is best to stay in the Inquiry Lane. There are three stages or lanes, Inquiry, Investigation and Indictment. It helps me to stay in the Inquiry Lane by asking questions.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
RecoveringAa wrote:

This email was sent Monday morning @ 8:30 am. It was developed by a Counter-Racist Scientist. .

Quote:
I have probable cause to believe that someone is subverting me in my duties to defend the Constitution (Due Process – Doing things correctly—including Equal Protection). I request a meeting, at my regularly scheduled supervisory session 6/29/10 @ 12 Noon to be held in Conference room A with all persons in our agency who have a duty to support same to inquire, and if needed, begin an investigation about this suspected subversion.

Without the assistance of others who share this duty, I will likely be tasked with a greater total workload than Equal Protection permits.

If I am forced/ pressured to make a charge, file an official grievance, and/or complaint before the inquiry and/or investigation is completed, it is likely that Due Process will not have been afforded. Further, unless I have been misinformed, Due Process requires that if the investigation concludes that one or more persons may have violated one or more laws, such charges should be made by persons representing this good agency.

If I am charged or have been charged with the violation of any law of this agency, or am subjected to any adverse action before the inquiry and/or investigation is completed, it is likely that Due Process will not have been afforded.

I was seeking to assure no further harm came my way and I would obtain assistance with assuring the consumers served experience a reduction in harm.

Abena
M.E.

Who is the Counter-Racist Scientist that wrote the e-mail? They should also participate in this conversation so that you have the benefit of as much constructive information as possible.

It has been my experience that it is best to stay in the Inquiry Lane. There are three stages or lanes, Inquiry, Investigation and Indictment. It helps me to stay in the Inquiry Lane by asking questions.

Last edited by HelixHair on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
HelixHair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
RecoveringAa wrote:

Quote:

Abena
M.E.

I would communicate in writing to the HR person that you would like to have the meeting and then ask the questions as planned. The questions you has planned are critical to demonstrating your commitment to defending the Constitution---and demonstrating that if harm comes to you, that defense of the Constitution will be in process.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done both...had the meeting in some instances and not had the meeting in other instances.

What you are experiencing right now is the part of the process I call 'The Scramble'. This is where the people who are responsible for what is happening attempt to calm everyone down and assure them that the problem is nothing really to worry about. It is like you yelling out that there is a fire in the building (by saying that you have probable cause to believe that someone is subverting the Constitution of the United States) and the people who are responsible for the existing fire are running around trying to keep everyone calm and assuring them that it is not really a fire and that someone put aluminum foil in the microwave and it is under control. So they are 'scrambling' trying to get everyone to believe this...especially you.

During 'The Scramble' you will find that people will act very erratic. Some will be angry some will be overly compensating, people who have never spoken to you will try to hold a conversation with you, and so on. All trying to get an understanding of how you 'feel' about what you are talking about rather than trying to understand what is happening and what they need to do correct what is incorrect. You may not understand that this is what is happening because you are in it. Afterward, when you look back at what happened, you will begin to understand what you are looking at.

If you decide to have the meeting the next step will be 'The Confusion'. This will be where everyone will seem confused as to how it is that what you are saying is taking place in your department relates to the Constitution of the United States. What they are really trying to do is to get you to stop talking about the Constitution...and some of them may even approach you directly and try to make you feel bad about your support and defense of the United States Constitution. I just asked them, point blank, if they are attempting to keep me from supporting and defending the United States Constitution. That gets rid of that. Why? Because only a terrorist would keep me from supporting and defending the United States Constitution. That's THE LOGIC...and they understand that.

But let's get back to where you are right now. You can use what they are saying and doing during The Scramble to help you in your support and defense of the United States Constitution and not have the meeting at all. I have found in my experience that it is best to address my concerns to everyone at the same time and also to communicate to everyone at the same time...even in e-mail.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RecoveringAa wrote:

Total workload = work connected with current inquiry in order to perform duty to defend Constitution + work connected to other duties in the agency
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RecoveringAa wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
I have done both...had the meeting in some instances and not had the meeting in other instances.

What you are experiencing right now is the part of the process I call 'The Scramble'. This is where the people who are responsible for what is happening attempt to calm everyone down and assure them that the problem is nothing really to worry about. It is like you yelling out that there is a fire in the building (by saying that you have probable cause to believe that someone is subverting the Constitution of the United States) and the people who are responsible for the existing fire are running around trying to keep everyone calm and assuring them that it is not really a fire and that someone put aluminum foil in the microwave and it is under control. So they are 'scrambling' trying to get everyone to believe this...especially you.

During 'The Scramble' you will find that people will act very erratic. Some will be angry some will be overly compensating, people who have never spoken to you will try to hold a conversation with you, and so on. All trying to get an understanding of how you 'feel' about what you are talking about rather than trying to understand what is happening and what they need to do correct what is incorrect. You may not understand that this is what is happening because you are in it. Afterward, when you look back at what happened, you will begin to understand what you are looking at.

If you decide to have the meeting the next step will be 'The Confusion'. This will be where everyone will seem confused as to how it is that what you are saying is taking place in your department relates to the Constitution of the United States. What they are really trying to do is to get you to stop talking about the Constitution...and some of them may even approach you directly and try to make you feel bad about your support and defense of the United States Constitution. I just asked them, point blank, if they are attempting to keep me from supporting and defending the United States Constitution. That gets rid of that. Why? Because only a terrorist would keep me from supporting and defending the United States Constitution. That's THE LOGIC...and they understand that.

But let's get back to where you are right now. You can use what they are saying and doing during The Scramble to help you in your support and defense of the United States Constitution and not have the meeting at all. I have found in my experience that it is best to address my concerns to everyone at the same time and also to communicate to everyone at the same time...even in e-mail.

Thank You...this is helpful and I DO 'see it' now. My job tomorrow is to defend my feelings and not allow them to take front seat in the discussions. I found myself doing that naturally this morning when I informed my supervisor of the pending email letting her know of my intent to go forward. She became a bit defensive and I went 'cold', looked her in the eye and told her it was important to find out who was subverting my efforts. She spoke very little to me during the rest of the day except the emails I noted in response to HelixHair.

No madam. I mentioned that they will use words to make you feel bad about you bringing up the United States Constitution because I wanted you to be aware that they are going to do it. Not so that you will defend your feelings. It is critical not to let them use words to make you feel a certain way but chances are they will do it. Just keep in mind that they are going to do it and when you begin to feel bad just know it is only part of their code and part of their response to what you are saying that is causing them to use words to make you feel bad about supporting and defending the United States Constitution.

Many non-white people, on a day-to-day basis give in to this feeling and we begin to back down or bargain with them about what they have in store for punishment as to what they think and what they have convinced us that we have done wrong. And then we succumb to whatever punishment they dish out or we move to another job where the same thing happens again and before long we find ourselves feeling the same way.

Know that it is coming because it is part of their code and part of what they are saying and/or doing because you chose to speak out about the subversion of the Constitution of the United States.

RecoveringAa wrote:
Seems this is moving to the 'Confusion' stage based on H.R. and the Doctors response.

It seems important to me as well to keep all parties in the loop though both my supervisor and the Doctor and H.R. would have me do otherwise.

Yes, I say this is also critical. THE LOGIC is that someone may hold you responsible for not alerting them to the fact that there is someone in the process of subverting the Constitution of the United States but no one should say that they don't want to hear anymore about supporting and defending the United States Constitution unless he or she is the person subverting it.

I have had people say that to me before in a room with all 'high-level' managers. They said they really shouldn't be in the meeting at all. I asked them if they support and defend the United States Constitution against all subversion to our way of life. The person just sat there for that meeting and attended all subsequent meetings and just sat there and didn't say anything...but they were there. Sometimes that is all you will get from some of the people there. But the most powerful person in the room will take charge of the discussion. This is another reason it is critical to make sure everyone is there. When the most powerful person in the room speaks they will be giving direction and instruction not only to you but to everyone there and they may not even address everyone there specifically by name. But everyone hears the same thing at the same time. And that is what you really want to happen.

RecoveringAa wrote:
I remain open and will actively use any and all support, guidance and direction you both have to offer as this is about protecting myself from harm...as the Constitution affords that right.

I never use the language that was in your initial e-mail but if it works for you great! I have been waiting for HelixHair to instruct more, and I am sure she will, since she helped you write the initial e-mail. What the 'Constitution affords' is part of what I am referring to. I make sure when I correspond in talks about supporting and defending the United States Constitution that a 5 year old can understand it. This way there can be no misunderstanding about what it is that is being said. If a 5 year old can understand what I'm saying then I consider it to be 'plain and simple'.

I also never drive home that someone is subverting me in my efforts to defend the Constitution. I always drive home that someone is subverting the United States Constitution. This does two things:

(1) Forces a response from powerful people to ask how. At that point they are involved. Then I will explain how. At that point they can decide to support and defend the United States Constitution as well or be on the side of the people who are subverting it.

The order is that the United states Constitution is out front...at all times. Second in order is the company we are working for. I never ask if the company we work for supports and defends the United States Constitution but I have made statements to the effect that I know it does. Nobody will argue with that statement because it puts everyone at risk. I am betting that no one is going to say that the company that we all work for does not support and defend the United States Constitution. Third in order is me. Anyone who chooses to go against what I'm saying will be subverting the United States Constitution and will be standing out front of it facing it all by themselves. And I use words to make this happen. That's how THE LOGIC works. They can choose to stand by my side behind the company we work for and behind the United States Constitution as well...which we have all sworn to protect and defend, if necessarily, with our lives. That's how it works.

(2) When I have tried to drive home that someone is subverting me in my efforts to support and defend the United States Constitution I have been told that it is I who has the problem. I have been told this on more than one occasion. It becomes more difficult to get people involved and motivated and focused on finding the terrorist. Once I begin to use words that makes it appear that I am putting myself out in front by driving home:

Someone is subverting me in my efforts to support and defend the United States Constitution.

Versus

Someone is in the process of subverting the United States Constitution.

The focus of the people who I am talking to begins to shift from finding the terrorist that is the process of subverting the United States Constitution to helping me do something. I say 'helping me do something' because they are already against including the United States Constitution as you will find out in 'The Confusion' stage because they will try to get you to stop using by using words to make you feel bad about using it.

This is THE LOGIC of how it is done and it will not get caught up in a whole lot of litigation if it is done correctly because the situation will be taken care of by the most powerful person on your job. It is critical to understand THE LOGIC first as I outlined to Darkmatter because there is no step-by-step instruction manual for this. Once you understand THE LOGIC, and with a little bit of thinking, you will be able to use words to do two things:

(1) Keep yourself from being harmed while on the job.
(2) Get the help you need when you need it while on the job.

And from the Labor are of people activity you can spread the use of language to do those two things to the other 8 areas of people activity. Since the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) is setup to guarantee that the people who are classified as non-white (not white people) will be mistreated by using speech and/or action to prevent you from being harmed and getting the help you need when you need it, from the smartest and most powerful white people, you are working against the SYSTEM itself.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RecoveringAa wrote:
On Thursday, I met with my Supervisor and team member. My supervisor moved to assure my team member and I had equal workload (cases) by taking several from me and assigning them to her.

This almost appears to be 'The Protection' stage. This is where the people in the powerful positions begin to make sure their 'house is in order', meaning they are trying to make sure when the person who is discovered as the person who is subverting the United States Constitution that they are not named as that person. This does not always happen. When THE LOGIC is not executed in a simple but effective manner it leaves what I call 'breathing room' for some of the people who are responsible for mistreating people on the basis of color to begin to appear to clean up their act. And that is exactly what it is...an act. It has been my experience that while in the process of them doing this they may not mistreat me any longer but other non-white people will still be mistreated. And when they are mistreated they will exhibit some of the same behavior I mentioned before (backdown, begin to bargain their position, etc.).

RecoveringAa wrote:
She also asked the question \"what happened\" that we did not meet to plan group schedules as she instructed. This issue resulted in the command to implement the tentative group schedule developed by the supervisor and which my team member (along with two other staff) worked to subvert. The new groups are to go into effect IMMEDIATELY with out the benefit of planning and which means rearranging consumers scheduled appointments for me. My team member did not have individual consumers scheduled because she had previously used the time slot for a group that has ended.
It means two of my consumers are forced to change on short notice.

This is standard procedure to leave holes so that things can be said and/or done in the future to mistreat people on the basis of color...even if that mistreatment comes in the form of discrediting non-white people while they perform their retaliation. This is all the result of language that does not leave a 'this or that' option for people to follow. I've done it before and had to learn to refine while doing.

RecoveringAa wrote:
We were asked if there were ANY CONCERNS that needed addressing. I declined to raise any as they are part of factual information I intended to present if I am able to meet with those invited to support my efforts at defending the Constitution.

On friday, I did send an email response to my supervisor and all others of my desire to meet. I acknowledged the invitations to meet INDIVIDUALLY with three of them who offered or directed me to...(top psychiatrist, H.R. supervisors directing me to her supervisor if i was unsatisfied with her direction)...that this posed the problem of my being tasked with greater TOTAL WORKLOAD then permitted by Equal Protection.

During the Thursday meeting, I sought coverage for my tuesday group reminding my supervisor and insuring my team member knew I was scheduled to be off. I have no WRITTEN proof and it has been standard practice by my supervisor to allow time off without written documentation. It had been my plan to get it in writing yet I did not.
(concerned they will attempt to use this against me as this fight to defend the Constitution continues).

Countering Racism in the Workplace and utilizing the strategies you all have studied and refined is NEW for me. I fear I may have initiated this battle with insufficient resources for myself. I am fearful of job loss and/or being manipulated as they are much more powerful and have the support of the most powerful white people in the organization to back them.

Keep in mind that they can fire you anytime they want to. If they don't have a legitimate reason they will make one up. all you want to do is get things done (do your job). They hire you, train you, place you, task you...and then make it harder for you to do what they have tasked you to do. If they can do all those things they can fire you too. The position is that the United states Constitution

I take the position that no one in the known universe should be mistreated and that they should get the constructive help they need when they need it. This, of course, goes hand-in-hand with my definition of justice which is guaranteeing that no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person that needs help the most gets the most help. And justice is also something I should be trying to produce at all times according to the Preamble...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a
more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility,
provide for the common defence, promote the general
Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and
our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the
United States of America.

They understand THE LOGIC. And their behavior supports it.

RecoveringAa wrote:
Do you have suggestions for how I can be best prepared to meet the challenge I have initiated?

Yes, you need to have a firm grip on what the problem is but do not use the word 'problem' in your interactions with them. You need to understand exactly what it is you are seeking to do. Many non-white people I have spoken to just want to 'get ahead' and this approach is much too laborious for them. But this approach does many things at the same time.

Have you had your meeting yet?
HelixHair

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RecoveringAa wrote:
HelixHair....

I was not able to follow the plan as rehearsed. They DID call a meeting probably in response to my Friday email.

Are you able to join me again tonight, both of you, on blog talk radio?
www.blogtalkradio.com/rna

Abena

My response to the items you posted can be heard on the7/7/10 episode of the radio program referenced above. Contained in that dialogue is the reasoning for going on record with the suspicion that one or more persons is subverting a black person in his/her duty to support the Constitution AND for allowing room for the responsible person(s) to NOT be named.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RecoveringAa wrote:
HelixHair....

I was not able to follow the plan as rehearsed. They DID call a meeting probably in response to my Friday email.

Are you able to join me again tonight, both of you, on blog talk radio?
www.blogtalkradio.com/rna

Abena

I apologize for not seeing your post until now. Not sure about the order of the posts on this thread. I performed some database cleanup on yesterday. It seems everything is working as it should be now.

When do you plan to have your next radio program devoted to this? I will plan to be there as best I can be. Saturday (7-10-2010) is my earliest availability.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RecoveringAa wrote:
Quote:
Have you had your meeting yet?

Yes, I was called upon to meet today. I was informed by my Supervisor that her Supervisor requested I come to Conf. rm _ for a meeting. When I arrived, I found who I believe to be the Head of H.R. dept and the Ex. Director. Whoa....

That is the way it is supposed to be. All of the most powerful people in the same room and the one that does the most talking directly to you is the one who is in charge. When that person talks he or she is giving direction and instruction to everyone in the room. It is like when you send the e-mail and copy everyone...they all get the same information at the same time. When the person in that meeting who is in charge talks to everyone...they all get the same information at the same time. That's the way it works. And the person in charge is the person who makes the decision as to what is going to be done. You have to look at it as everyone there are individual people just like you. And everyone there, presumably, has sworn to protect and defend the United States Constitution with their lives. If there is anyone in the meeting who is against the United States Constitution they will hang themselves by going against what you are saying when you use words in a manner that supports and defends the 5th and 14th Amendments of the United States Constitution.

I have sat in meetings with 5 of the top managers. Don't let this bother you. Presumably we're all here to support and defend the United States Constitution and under the Constitution we are all people. That is why the Preamble starts out stating 'We the People'.

RecoveringAa wrote:
First, I'm feeling a lot of sadness as I think of the things I 'DID INCORRECT' in the practice of using the code to Counter-Racism in the Workplace.

No reason for you to feel sad. We are all trying to replace the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) with a SYSTEM of justice and there is no step-by-step procedure for doing this because it has never been done.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RecoveringAa wrote:
very long pregnant pause....and I'm back..

Here is the memo I wrote following that meeting and did send it prior to leaving work for the day...

Quote:
Mr. H. and Ms. L.
I want to first take this opportunity to thank you both for meeting with me and providing a forum to share concerns I have regarding this agency's policies and practices regarding
Due Process and Defense of the U.S. Constitution.

Despite the fact that my request specifically called for those members of this organization who recognize their duty towards the Defense of the Constitution and you both separate this agencies role in the same, (ut oh..that's not clear)...I chose to go forward and provide specific events which appear to subvert the Constitution and still have some unanswered questions regarding Due Process in this agency.

As a result, Mr. J indicated that there were in fact some things that were done incorrectly since the time of the D/A program becoming short staffed. he also indicated steps he has actively taken to correct and assure problems did not continue. Most importantly and more specifically, he addressed my concerns regarding potential billing fraud, out of compliance caseload sizes and his desire to have staff work with agency when under pressure.

I feel sicker and sadder by the moment as I type this for you. Realizing all the MISTAKES I made...or so it feels...:(

Ms. L. did express concern regarding several items raised. Primarily, you stated your concern for limited and ineffective communication and your awareness of the harm that can have on an employees morale and performance.

You both requested I not share any detail of this meeting and that you will work together to explore potential solutions to the concerns raised.

I have also made note of the fact that some additional questions were not answered and will await your feedback by early next week as indicated.

All participants of this meeting did conduct themselves in a professional manner and was open to hearing and actively working to address the concerns raised.

Why did you confess to doing something incorrectly?

When Mr. J stated that some things were done incorrectly and it was asked that no one reveal the contents or details of the meeting they are essentially stating that they are beginning their investigation. They know they didn't do something correctly. Now they have to go off and figure out what they are going to do about it. Look at it this way, it is like you discovered a 1 million dollar accounting error and they have already presented their financials to federal agencies for the year. Now they have to figure out how they are going to fix the problem...and no one can talk about it.

Now you have to give them a little time to get smarter about what they did incorrectly and how they are going to fix it and save face.

RecoveringAa wrote:
Mr. H. opened meeting stating he wanted to get \"clarity\" regarding my initial request for meeting.
I started out asking the questions of my desire to meet with individuals who were duty bound to Defend Constitution and asked if they were.
Both expressed confusion. I was unable to keep up writing everything we each said and did not write my questions down.
I did ask about their and this agency's position on Defending Constitution. They both expressed confusion and H.R. defined Due Process was taking place and the purpose of this meeting proved it.
Due Process met providing me with the opportunity to resolve problems with the help of those who could and who upheld the standards and laws of the agency.
I asked if the those standards/laws were in support and in line with the Constitution ..

H.R. could/would not be specific stating she did not even know what the Constitution said. Mr. H. focused on 'who\" was \"stopping me from doing my job\".
About 15 mins. back and forth with that and I chose to share some of the concerns I had. I read from my notes @ 12 events prompting my inquiry.

Mr. H. shared steps he had taken to correct and efforts to obtain information from a funder regarding some of the recent challenges with managing caseloads.

They instructed me NOT to reveal details of anything discussed and they would get back to me early (tues.or wed.) next week.

H.R. mentioned following Labor Laws, State funder's and the agencies Policies, Procedures and Code of Conduct and up to the end, worked to define due process as having the opportunity to come together to resolve problems.

I continually asked if this or that was Due Process and defined it as \"Doing things Correctly\".

Many things have gone unanswered and not enough acknowledgment of central role of the Constitution.

Is there any way for me to repair this and put the focus back where it was supposed to be?

Please Help
Abena

It is imperative for you to remember, as much as possible, everything that was said and/or done in this process. Write it down and outline it as best you can. I would say that any further push on your part at this time, while they are in the process of doing their investigation, is not going to make anything move any faster. If they are smart they will probably contact the Legal Department and EEOC when trying to figure out their options. Don't worry because they support and defend the United States Constitution too. Let them perform their investigation. In about a week send an e-mail to whoever was in charge at the meeting and copy everyone requesting a status of your Inquiry into subversion of the 5th and 14th Amendments of the United States Constitution. They will probably reply saying they need additional time. Give it to them. Give them an additional 2 weeks and send another mail stating the same thing. They will respond.

Make sure your e-mails are simple, exact and to the point.
HelixHair

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RecoveringAa wrote:
Email from the V.P. of Beh. Health...da white man
Quote:
Ms. M.
I am writing to let you know that I have received your email, and that I am aware that Mr. H and Ms. L are working with you to address the issues you have raised.
Please continue to work with Mr. H. and Ms. L as I would like them to resolve your concerns. If they are unable to resolve them, I will meet with you.
In the meantime, I am following up with both of them to see how things are progressing.

What is the best and most constructive way to respond to this?

Abena

I suggest that you simply acknowledge receipt: "Thank you, Mr. X." No more than that. Anything else could be a problem by implicitly/explicitly/ agreeing to heed something that may NOT be part of the Due Process procedures for your agency. To my knowledge, you have not yet been given a written set of procedures for ensuring Due Process in your agency. A request for same can always be made subsequent to your brief response to the email, either in writing or orally in a meeting depending on your strategy. Any less than "thank you" will be discourteous. Courtesy is part of Due Process.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RecoveringAa wrote:
Well today is Tuesday and they may be calling to meet with me regarding my concerns. I have no ideal what to expect at this point.
I have been reading on this site and I suppose whatever happens, I will just work to follow the LOGIC.

Use the If/then and stay focused on asking questions.

The people I am meeting with have never acknowledged that they are duty bound to defend the Constitution. That indicates a slight issue as the whole premise was to get people behind the Constitution or to keep myself there as protection...as the Constitution was written to insure.

I suppose I will take more of a supporting role to do my best to get you the help you need. I had hoped HelixHair would help you through this process since she helped you draft the initial e-mail. While I understood some of the initial e-mail I could not follow where most of it would take you. I was left to give suggestions to you throughout the process and to help you to see what you were looking at by describing what was taking place and what you could expect next.

I apologize for the spotty direction and/or instruction, in the form of suggestions, that you have received both from myself and HelixHair.

Why would they meet with you again if you have already had at least two meetings and they have admitted to wrongdoing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: