HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

"Latino"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GMAN_XTREME



Joined: 16 Aug 2003
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
GMAN_XTREME wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
GMAN_XTREME wrote:
Karim wrote:
OKay... everyone has a "color" classification.

Karim, you may be incorrect about that one. Read Dee's post about brazil, not everyone is given the CLEAR line between white and non-white.

For example, non-white people are divided into mulatto, zambo, mestizo, etc. There's a whole lot of confusion going on. So stick to your definitions and attempt to be constructive in everything that you say to reveal truth.

GMAN,

Is white supremacy (racism) a global SYSTEM?


Yes, White Supremacy/Racism is a global system.

GMAN,

Do the white supremacists (racists) classify people on the basis of color?


Yes, white supremacists (racists) classify people on the basis of color.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3110
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

GMAN_XTREME wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
GMAN_XTREME wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
GMAN_XTREME wrote:
Karim wrote:
OKay... everyone has a "color" classification.

Karim, you may be incorrect about that one. Read Dee's post about brazil, not everyone is given the CLEAR line between white and non-white.

For example, non-white people are divided into mulatto, zambo, mestizo, etc. There's a whole lot of confusion going on. So stick to your definitions and attempt to be constructive in everything that you say to reveal truth.

GMAN,

Is white supremacy (racism) a global SYSTEM?


Yes, White Supremacy/Racism is a global system.

GMAN,

Do the white supremacists (racists) classify people on the basis of color?


Yes, white supremacists (racists) classify people on the basis of color.

If white supremacy (racism) is a global SYSTEM and the white supremacists (racists) classify people on the basis of color how can there be any person on this planet without a color classification?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
hello



Joined: 04 Dec 2003
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Latino is just another way of saying non-white person. The term Latino is used primarly by Latino's as a way of saying I am mixed. The term is also used only by Latin Americans, who are people who populate Latin American countries. It is generally confusing as some of these terms may be. Being of Brazilian decent I have not noticed this term used in Brazil particularly.
In Brazil there is usually three clasifications based on race, Branco (white), Moreno(mixed white and black), and Negro(black). Of course many Brazilians are mixed with Indian blood also, but I have not heard them use the term Mestizo, which like Issa said is reserved for European/Indian mix. I believe the reason we find the term hispanic in jarring, Is because the American government came up with this term to denote all people of Latin American non-white. It's a way of saying we put all of you in a one category no matter how many differences you may feel you have, and that is the not-white category of hispanic. Now, white Latin Americans know this, and I believe they are the ones who protest this term most. Of course you could'nt tell what decent as far as nationality I came from, so I might say that I am Latino. But I was born in the U.S. so I probably say I'm American. Brazilians call me moreno, becuase I am mixed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3110
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

hello wrote:
Hello,

Latino is just another way of saying non-white person. The term Latino is used primarly by Latino's as a way of saying I am mixed. The term is also used only by Latin Americans, who are people who populate Latin American countries. It is generally confusing as some of these terms may be. Being of Brazilian decent I have not noticed this term used in Brazil particularly.
In Brazil there is usually three clasifications based on race, Branco (white), Moreno(mixed white and black), and Negro(black). Of course many Brazilians are mixed with Indian blood also, but I have not heard them use the term Mestizo, which like Issa said is reserved for European/Indian mix. I believe the reason we find the term hispanic in jarring, Is because the American government came up with this term to denote all people of Latin American non-white. It's a way of saying we put all of you in a one category no matter how many differences you may feel you have, and that is the not-white category of hispanic. Now, white Latin Americans know this, and I believe they are the ones who protest this term most. Of course you could'nt tell what decent as far as nationality I came from, so I might say that I am Latino. But I was born in the U.S. so I probably say I'm American. Brazilians call me moreno, becuase I am mixed.

Is there something between white and non-white in a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism)?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
hello



Joined: 04 Dec 2003
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, according to what a white person told me "your all niggers."

No there is no difference, we are "all niggers", non-white people under the system of white supremacy(racism), from Asia to Africa to Latin America.

I just got my codebook today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3110
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

hello wrote:
Well, according to what a white person told me "your all niggers."

No there is no difference, we are "all niggers", non-white people under the system of white supremacy(racism), from Asia to Africa to Latin America.

I just got my codebook today.

If there is nothing bewteen white and non-white, under the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism), meaning a person is either white or the person is non-white, what is "mixed"?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
hello



Joined: 04 Dec 2003
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got ya. Under the system of white supremacy(racism) all non-white people are victims of racism. "mixed" is a way of not looking at the problem, that I am a non-white person in a system of white supremacy(racism).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

What racial pejoratives are used in Brazil?

In the U.S its words like: nigger, honkey, spic, chink, gook...


What terms are used in Brazil and what do they mean?


Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hello



Joined: 04 Dec 2003
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

The only term I have ever heard used by a white supremacist born in Brazil to denote a "black person" is "macaco" which means monkey. The term "negro", according to some old folks I know, about thirty years ago was used as a derogatory term, instead of "preto" which is the word for the color black. Now, it appears the term "negro" is used more frequently, eventhough "preto" is still used by some non-white or white people to say "black person".

White supremacist and/or non-white people who insult other non-white people in a system of white supremacy(racism), may say for example: "chinese piece of shit" in portuguese. However, their is not a specific racial pejorative to denote a non-white person from China, who is born or resides in Brazil, as far as I know, or any other non-white person than the ones I mentioned above.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RangerX



Joined: 06 Nov 2003
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hispanic" and/or "Latino" is just another "racial" label created by White Supremacists to divide and confuse Non-Whites.

For the most part, "Hispanics"/"Latinos" are Non-White People = Niggers.

BUT, you will also have "Hispanics" and "Latinos" who are really White People, cloaked as "hispanic" and such.. i:e. "White" Hispanics (on census forms and so forth). These People mistreat and look down on Non-White (Darker skinned "Hispanics"), they PREFER their children to NOT Mate with Non-White People...and again, they look down on Niggers, and overall, feel "suprerior" to them in some kind of way (specially skin-wise).

Now "Hispanics", specially the darker ones, are ALL Niggers, and many do not even KNOW it, they truly think they are seperate from "Black" People...or "African Americans"...(i:e:, a Hispanic Person calling a "Black African American" a "Nigger"..."Look at them Niggers over there, phuking criminals"....yet, BOTH are Non-White)...

I remember the FIRST time a White Person called me a Nigger...I was devasted...I couldnt believe I was called a Nigger...

I said...

"But I am not Black (African American)"..."I am Hispanic"

and the White Person said, "Nigger"

Again, I was pissed off and even felt extremely dissapointed and offended...

I couldnt overstand it at that point, but i slowly started to realize, that a Nigger isnt simply JUST a "Black Person" or an "African (American)"...

A Nigger is a NON-WHITE Person! A "Person of Color"...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3110
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is indicative of how confused niggers are about who is white and who isn't and what words mean...40 replies and 460 page views. It was on the front page of this website for the last nine months...the period it takes to give birth.

According to counter-racist logic there are white people, non-white people, and white supremacists (racists). A "latino" does not exist under the current SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism). I suspect a "latino" will not exist until we replace the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM of justice.

Once we replace the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM of justice a "latino" will be the same thing as an "african", the same thing as an "asian", etc., which is a person that reveals truth and uses truth to promote justice and correctness in all places and at all times.

If someone could've defined what a "latino" is at the outset of this thread I doubt there would have been so much discussion on the topic. White supremacists (racists) do this all the time with words...use words and don't give them a definition.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?


Last edited by Edward Williams on Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
hello



Joined: 04 Dec 2003
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RangerX wrote:
"Hispanic" and/or "Latino" is just another "racial" label created by White Supremacists to divide and confuse Non-Whites.

For the most part, "Hispanics"/"Latinos" are Non-White People = Niggers.

BUT, you will also have "Hispanics" and "Latinos" who are really White People, cloaked as "hispanic" and such.. i:e. "White" Hispanics (on census forms and so forth). These People mistreat and look down on Non-White (Darker skinned "Hispanics"), they PREFER their children to NOT Mate with Non-White People...and again, they look down on Niggers, and overall, feel "suprerior" to them in some kind of way (specially skin-wise).

Now "Hispanics", specially the darker ones, are ALL Niggers, and many do not even KNOW it, they truly think they are seperate from "Black" People...or "African Americans"...(i:e:, a Hispanic Person calling a "Black African American" a "Nigger"..."Look at them Niggers over there, phuking criminals"....yet, BOTH are Non-White)...

I remember the FIRST time a White Person called me a Nigger...I was devasted...I couldnt believe I was called a Nigger...

I said...

"But I am not Black (African American)"..."I am Hispanic"

and the White Person said, "Nigger"

Again, I was pissed off and even felt extremely dissapointed and offended...

I couldnt overstand it at that point, but i slowly started to realize, that a Nigger isnt simply JUST a "Black Person" or an "African (American)"...

A Nigger is a NON-WHITE Person! A "Person of Color"...



You have said what I did not have the courage to say, and I believe this is true for all non-white people, so-called "latinos" and "hispanics", a desire to be aknowledged as different from "black". This is a disillusionment, a desire to be loved, accepted and even become white (Michael Jackson syndrome). The hard reality can become painful, a reality that you or non of your brethren are white or will ever be. That we are like the "negros", that we are all niggers. We are the so-called "evil" hordes of aliens decending on the planet in every sci-fi movie ever made. We are the "Terminators", we are Dyson's children in "Terminator 2" who plunges the earth into a nuclear war and sets forth his robot terminators on the planet to wipe out the human RACE, code for White People. We are every mutated creature ready to devour and assimilate a white person, we are the "dark" creatures in his/her fears in his/her psyche who come to take his/her white genetics away, to become one of US. We are the Borg " you shall be assimilated", as white people scurry to build bigger phallic symbols filled with plutonium, develop stealth bombers painted black, and more nuclear powered black penisis which swim submerged through the oceans awaiting the final command where all life can be exterminated.

Unfortunately, many of us have become involved in "Uncle Tom" foolery eventhough it is obvious whence we came to every white person and non-white people.

I've been told thousands of times to stop thinking I'm "white" by white people themselves. I could be having a discussion about politics and not even touch on "racial" issues, but I would be repeatdly reminded about whence I came and what I am.

Whitey "so, what's your nationality?"
Me "Uhm, I'm American, I was born in the U.S."
Whitey "You know what I mean, where you come from?"
Me "I was born in the U.S.A."
Whitey "Yeah, but you don't LOOK American, aren't you Brazilian?"
Me "Brazil is a nation, and I would have to be born there to be Brazilian, but my parents are from the nation of Brazil."
Whitey "Ahh... there we go, so you ARE Brazilian! I heard there are cannibals in Brazil is that true?"

And of course you know what he means by cannibal right? Yep, non-white people, those cannibals, those niggers...etc

You get the picture...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RangerX



Joined: 06 Nov 2003
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hispanic" and "Latinos" are just one of the many BullSh!t "racial classification" labels out there...along with Mullatto and all the rest.

And most Non-White People eat and chew it right up! They buy into this shit !

"Hmm, lemme see now...I am Half White/Half Black so maybe I am a Mullatto!? Yeah thats right, I am a Mullato...wait wait, but I speak spanish! So maybe I am Latino ?...Well, either way, I belong to one of these *Races*" (?)

To add even more confusion, if anyone of you havent noticed...On census forms and even on Housing Applications, there are 2 new "Racial Classification" options now...

White-Hispanic

and

Black-Hispanic

I suspect that the White Supremacist noticed that they cant simply lump People into one category, they'll have to weed out the "Whites" and seperate them from the "Blacks"...and the second thing they noticed is that...

"White" Hispanics get treated, valued, viewed and perceived much differently (and better) than "Black"(Non-White) "Hispanics."... (They gotta seperate the MEN from the BOYS)

And again, People eat this shit and chew it right up! (Umm, This is some good Dung!)

I cant believe how People do not even QUESTION on WHO is making these new "Racial/Color" Labels and classifications...and WHY ? For WHAT ? Not ONE Question (out in public, right at White Politicians, at least)...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GMAN_XTREME



Joined: 16 Aug 2003
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranger,

People accept what is in place. The racists/white supremacists count on this fact. They also count on the fact that Non-white people have been trained to never ask questions of things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
copious



Joined: 29 May 2003
Posts: 248

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

GMAN_XTREME wrote:
Ranger,

People accept what is in place. The racists/white supremacists count on this fact. They also count on the fact that Non-white people have been trained to never ask questions of things.


Did you mean "conditioned"?

cope
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations