HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Time
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Time Reply with quote

Time: Pronunciation Key

When something happens and when nothing happens.
Wickett Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Time Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:

VG;

What is the mental process you go through to obtain these functional definitions? In addition, what is the criterion for the selection of one particular word over another for counter-racist redefining?
Any use of the word, "Nigger(s)" translates into the following statement: "Consciously or subconsciously, I am helping to maintain the local, national, global system of Racism (White Supremacy)". ~ Dr. Francis C. Welsing
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Time Reply with quote

Wickett Fan wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:

VG;

What is the mental process you go through to obtain these functional definitions? In addition, what is the criterion for the selection of one particular word over another for counter-racist redefining?

I just look at a word and examine what the use of the word results in. I ask myself does it result in the use of time and energy toward the production of justice or does it result in the use of time and energy toward helping the white people who practice racism (white supremacy) maintain their SYSTEM of mistreatment on the basis of color. All of the words do not need to be redefined...as I see it.

Definitions of words determine what the result of thought, speech, and/or action will be when the word is used.

I determine how the racists (white supremacists) use the word to practice racism (white supremacy) by causing confusion and I then redefine the word to attempt to provide clarity.

I attempt to "make up for what's missing" in the definition of the word...meaning I point to word directly toward the promotion of justice. What's missing is justice.

This particular word came up when James Jones asked Mr. Fuller on Paltalk Sunday how he came to the definition of "time" that is in the codebook. I came up with this definition on Sunday while we were talking...before Mr. Fuller joined us. I'm hoping Jame Jones will ask some of the questions he asked on Sunday so that we can refine this definition.

Codify as you go along. When you find a word that, when it is used, it doesn't reveal truth, and/or, doesn't reveal truth in a manner that justice and correctness is promoted...you just redefine it so it does. Sometimes I'll write a word down and go back and look at it for a few days until I come up with a definition and then I'll write the definition next to it. And I'll come back and look at it for a few days. If it doesn't make sense I'll say it doesn't such as I'm doing right now on the WSP with the word "rape". Sometime I can come up with a compensatory definition while in a conversation such as the word "time".

Once people start redefining words and admitting to themselves that they don't know everything and really start down the path...the logical path...to promoting justice and thinking, speaking, and acting to promote justice the definitions will just come to you. You'll hear words that just don't make sense...words you've used your entire life and all of a sudden they will not make sense and you'll begin to search for the word usage that does make sense.

The more you develop that ability the better you'll become at it. Like a body builder does. Now you can lift weights for years and never look like a body builder. To look like a body builder you have to lift weights a certain way...and keep doing...make it a ritual that you think about when you are eating because body builders need to eat certain foods. A ritual you think about when you're sleeping because body builders need a certain amount of rest...etc.

Start thinking, speaking, and acting to promote justice and correctness...make it a ritual that you think about all the time or as much as you possibly can...and before you know you'll look like a body builder (meaning you'll begin to think in counter-racist code all the time). I don't look like body builder yet...but I'm working on it.
James Jones

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Time Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:

How does one know when something is happening?
How does one know when nothing is happening?

Thank you.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 319 of the UICCSC states:

Time: The absence of deed.

I choose to say that Time is a measurment of what happens.

Winston
James Jones

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Winston Wolfe wrote:

Winston

With respects to what?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Time Reply with quote

James Jones wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:

The focus should always be on thought, speech, and/or action. This is what the definition point out. A person knows something is happening when something is happening. The person may not know what exactly is happening.

Even the definition that is written in the codebook, "the absence of deeds", points out the same thing. The focus is on deeds...meaning what is happening. This also makes reference to any deed being "timeless". People make reference to something taking place only at a certain time and place but that is never the case. Cause and Effect tells us that.

Every action affects every other action. Every non-action affects every other action.

James Jones wrote:

Thank you.

Unfortunately this is perceptional. I'm not sure if there is ever a time when nothing is happening but I could be incorrect about that. There are times where something should happen that doesn't happen.
Wickett Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Time Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
I determine how the racists (white supremacists) use the word to practice racism (white supremacy) by causing confusion and I then redefine the word to attempt to provide clarity.

VG;

Could you give an illustration of how R/WS use the word "time" to either confuse non-white people or produce injustice?
Any use of the word, "Nigger(s)" translates into the following statement: "Consciously or subconsciously, I am helping to maintain the local, national, global system of Racism (White Supremacy)". ~ Dr. Francis C. Welsing
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Time Reply with quote

Wickett Fan wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:

VG;

Could you give an illustration of how R/WS use the word "time" to either confuse non-white people or produce injustice?

The racists (white supremacists) use words to confuse their victims (non-white people). The words defined by the racists (white supremacists) work for the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) because the practice of racism (white supremacy) is the focus of the racists (white supremacists)...not how long it takes to practice it. The focus is on the deed itself.

The racists (white supremacists) keep the focus off the deeds necessary to counter racism (white supremacy) for non-white people and keep the non-white people focused on whether racism (white supremacy) will ever end...how long it will take to end racism (white supremacy)...will it end in my life-time...etc...when the focus should always be kept on the deeds themselves. Get use to the practice of counter-racism...the process itself...guaranteeing no person is mistreated and also guaranteeing the person who needs help the most get the most help.

Now to guarantee that you got to get rid of the racists (white supremacists) because if you don't you will not be able to guarantee anything except that the people who need help the most will get the least amount of help and people will be mistreated.

Here is an example of a definition for the word "time" defined I suspect by the smartest and most capable white people (racists white supremacists):

www.Dictionary.com wrote:
Time: A nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future.

Now try to use that definition of time to counter racism (white supremacy). Anything that does not work against the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) works for the racists (white supremacists)...cause they see to it that it works for them.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

James Jones wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:

Winston

With respects to what?

Everything.

Winston
James Jones

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Winston Wolfe wrote:
James Jones wrote:
Winston Wolfe wrote:

Winston

With respects to what?

Everything.

Winston

Given that definition, is it possible for a person to produce an accurate measurment of time?
James Jones

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Time Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
James Jones wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:

The focus should always be on thought, speech, and/or action. This is what the definition point out. A person knows something is happening when something is happening. The person may not know what exactly is happening.

Even the definition that is written in the codebook, "the absence of deeds", points out the same thing. The focus is on deeds...meaning what is happening. This also makes reference to any deed being "timeless". People make reference to something taking place only at a certain time and place but that is never the case. Cause and Effect tells us that.

Every action affects every other action. Every non-action affects every other action.

James Jones wrote:

Thank you.

Unfortunately this is perceptional. I'm not sure if there is ever a time when nothing is happening but I could be incorrect about that. There are times where something should happen that doesn't happen.

If "time" is based on perception, how should a person think, speak and/or act when they perceive nothing is happening?

If "time" is based on perception, how should a person think, speak and/or act when they perceive something is happening?

I am of the notion that there is something that all people should be doing, all of the "time."

Thank you.
James Jones

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:

Why not...

Time: The opportunity for a person to think, speak, and/or act in support of the promotion of Justice.

Last edited by James Jones on Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Time Reply with quote

James Jones wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
James Jones wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:

James Jones wrote:

Thank you.

If "time" is based on perception, how should a person think, speak and/or act when they perceive nothing is happening?

The person should reveal truth in a manner that justice and correctness is promoted.

James Jones wrote:
If "time" is based on perception, how should a person think, speak and/or act when they perceive something is happening?

The person should reveal truth in a manner that justice and correctness is promoted.

James Jones wrote:
I am of the notion that there is something that all people should be doing, all of the "time."

Thank you.

The answer to both questions are the same. This is what I mean when I say the person should focus on the process for producing justice by thinking, speaking, and/or acting to promote justice in all areas of people activity at the same time.

Thinking comes first. This is extremely important because it helps in not only how a person is motivated to say and/or do what is correct but also in how a person responds to what is said and/or done that is incorrect while maintaining focus on the object...replace racism (white supremacy) with justice.
Josh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Time=change

Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: