HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Exotic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Exotic Reply with quote

Exotic: Pronunciation Key

A term used by suspect racists to refer indirectly to nonwhite people and/or places where nonwhite people exist.

Example- A top executive travelled to the exotic lands of Southeast Asia in search of the incredibly delicious mangosteen fruit.

Josephine Baker was a very exotic and erotic dancer.

White people usually do not describe other white people or the lands where other white people exist as being exotic.

Trina

Last edited by Trina on Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:24 am; edited 2 times in total
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Reply with quote

Trina wrote:

A term used by suspect racists to describe nonwhite people and/or places where nonwhite people exist.

Example- A top executive travelled to the exotic lands of Southeast Asia in search of the incredibly delicious mangosteen fruit.

White people usually do not describe other white people or the lands where other white people exist as being exotic.

Trina

I remember watching Vin Diesel on a program on television and he was asked about his race and he replied he was "exotic". I suspect non-white people use this term as well to refer to themselves...when they want to get as far away from being non-white while at the same time knowing they can't get away with being a white person.

The racists (white supremacists) don't have to establish a category of people between white people and non-white people...as if they could do so logically anyway. The racists (white supremacists) have trained non-white people to do that...and we conform to it very well. Its insanity to think you can convince white people that you are not non-white when it is white people who make that determination regardless of what you say.
Trina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Trina wrote:

A term used by suspect racists to describe nonwhite people and/or places where nonwhite people exist.

Trina

I remember watching Vin Diesel on a program on television and he was asked about his race and he replied he was "exotic". I suspect non-white people use this term as well to refer to themselves...when they want to get as far away from being non-white while at the same time knowing they can't get away with being a white person.

The racists (white supremacists) don't have to establish a category of people between white people and non-white people...as if they could do so logically anyway. The racists (white supremacists) have trained non-white people to do that...and we conform to it very well. Its insanity to think you can convince white people that you are not non-white when it is white people who make that determination regardless of what you say.

Who is Vin Diesel?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Exotic Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Trina wrote:

Trina

Who is Vin Diesel?

Vin Diesel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: