HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Disrespect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Disrespect Reply with quote

Self-Disrespect: Pronunciation Key

1. Lying to oneself.

Last edited by Trina on Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: As I understand it... Reply with quote

As I understand it, respect is something you have or don't have...it is not something you give.

Is non-respect the same as dis-respect?
Trina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: As I understand it... Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
As I understand it, respect is something you have or don't have...it is not something you give.

Virtual_GOD,

The prefixes dis and non both mean the absence of or the reverse of something. Non-respect is the same as disrespect. Both words imply the lack of respect. I think instead of using the term self-disrespect I will use the term disrespect in the counter-racist definition. Could you change the word for me in the Counter-Racist forum to disrespect?

Thank you,

Trina
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: As I understand it... Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:

Virtual_GOD,

The prefixes dis and non both mean the absence of or the reverse of something. Non-respect is the same as disrespect. Both words imply the lack of respect. I think instead of using the term self-disrespect I will use the term disrespect in the counter-racist definition. Could you change the word for me in the Counter-Racist forum to disrespect?

Thank you,

Trina

Trina,

When viewing the post you should see an "Edit" button. Just click on that button to edit your posts. After you click "Submit" you will see a line at the bottom of the post that shows when the post was updated and by whom.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: