HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Peace

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Trina



Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Posts: 416
Location: Somewhere Between the 3rd and 5th Dimension

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Peace Reply with quote

Peace: Pronunciation Key

Peace- The result of the presence of Justice 2. A non-existent state.
_________________
When the student is ready to learn the teacher will appear.


Last edited by Trina on Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Peace- The absence of incorrectness within people and between people and/or other living things,i.e. animals, plants.


So following the logic, the opposite of peace would be war


does the logic "have me"?

Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3110
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Peace Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
Peace- The absence of incorrectness within people and between people and/or other living things,i.e. animals, plants.

Isn't peace the result of the presence of justice?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Trina



Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Posts: 416
Location: Somewhere Between the 3rd and 5th Dimension

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Peace Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Trina wrote:
Peace- The absence of incorrectness within people and between people and/or other living things,i.e. animals, plants.

Isn't peace the result of the presence of justice?


Virtual_GOD,

Yes, peace could be the result of the presence of justice. So we could say that Peace= The presence of justice within people and between people and/or other living things, i.e. animals, plants.

I say this because you have an concrete idea of what justice is as an individual and you must act in a just manner at all times and all places and with all people. This will carry over into your interactions with other living things such as plants and animals. The definiton will be revised.

Trina
_________________
When the student is ready to learn the teacher will appear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Trina



Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Posts: 416
Location: Somewhere Between the 3rd and 5th Dimension

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Quote:
Peace- The absence of incorrectness within people and between people and/or other living things,i.e. animals, plants.


So following the logic, the opposite of peace would be war


does the logic "have me"?

Josh


Yes,

The opposite of peace would be war. Does the logic have you? I don't know what that means.
_________________
When the student is ready to learn the teacher will appear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3110
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Peace Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
Trina wrote:
Peace- The absence of incorrectness within people and between people and/or other living things,i.e. animals, plants.

Isn't peace the result of the presence of justice?


Virtual_GOD,

Yes, peace could be the result of the presence of justice. So we could say that Peace= The presence of justice within people and between people and/or other living things, i.e. animals, plants.

I say this because you have an concrete idea of what justice is as an individual and you must act in a just manner at all times and all places and with all people. This will carry over into your interactions with other living things such as plants and animals. The definiton will be revised.

Trina

What do you mean when you say "within people"?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Trina



Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Posts: 416
Location: Somewhere Between the 3rd and 5th Dimension

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Peace Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Trina wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:
Trina wrote:
Peace- The absence of incorrectness within people and between people and/or other living things,i.e. animals, plants.

Isn't peace the result of the presence of justice?


Virtual_GOD,

Yes, peace could be the result of the presence of justice. So we could say that Peace= The presence of justice within people and between people and/or other living things, i.e. animals, plants.

I say this because you have an concrete idea of what justice is as an individual and you must act in a just manner at all times and all places and with all people. This will carry over into your interactions with other living things such as plants and animals. The definiton will be revised.

Trina

What do you mean when you say "within people"?



I see where this is going. Peace= The result of the presence of justice. 2. A non existent state.
_________________
When the student is ready to learn the teacher will appear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3110
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh,

According to the revised definition of peace above, the opposite of peace is war...the state in which we are at the present moment. White people always talking about "starting a race war"...I suspect to give non-white people the impression we are currently not in one.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3110
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...how about this one...

Peace: Truth plus Justice plus Correctness.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
Josh wrote:
Quote:
Peace- The absence of incorrectness within people and between people and/or other living things,i.e. animals, plants.


So following the logic, the opposite of peace would be war


does the logic "have me"?

Josh


Yes,

The opposite of peace would be war. Does the logic have you? I don't know what that means.


What is the definition of "War"?
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PG 325 UICCSC

WAR:

1. The sum total of all thought,speech and action by those persons [white] in the known universe who practice white supremacy (racism).

2. The practice of racism (white supremacy) and the sum total of its effects in helping to promote falsehood, non-justice, and/or incorrectness.

Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 651
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I think of "justice" or "balance" as a mesure of people relations as opposed to a "state".

Trina, would you say that the opposite of Racism/White Supremacy is JUSTICE?

smallz

PS--Thanks Josh for the def.
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3110
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAR
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Trina



Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Posts: 416
Location: Somewhere Between the 3rd and 5th Dimension

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
I think of "justice" or "balance" as a mesure of people relations as opposed to a "state".

Trina, would you say that the opposite of Racism/White Supremacy is JUSTICE?

smallz

PS--Thanks Josh for the def.



Yes.
_________________
When the student is ready to learn the teacher will appear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Trina



Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Posts: 416
Location: Somewhere Between the 3rd and 5th Dimension

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
OK...how about this one...

Peace: Truth plus Justice plus Correctness.


That definition could definitely work as the definition for Peace.


P. S. I've noticed lately that my old post sare being reviewed again. This is good if it is done to help refine definitions and clarify confusing information. Who's next?

Trina
_________________
When the student is ready to learn the teacher will appear.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations