HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Beige

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Beige Reply with quote

Beige: Pronunciation Key

(1) A color.
(2) Of or related to a non-white person.
Little Master

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Beige Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Beige: Pronunciation Key

(1) A color.
(2) Of or related to a non-white person.

Hmmm. The word "beige" and the word "olive" have been used by white poeple to describe their own skin tones. I've never seen it used in the same manner that white, red, brown, yellow, and black have been used in breaking people down into categories.

Color to white people is aboout status. White on top. Black on the bottom. And everyone else is left inbetween to compete for second place and take some solice in the concept that they are at least above black. Beige and olive aren't a part of that color scale as far I have observed. I have a hard time believing any normal white person actually believes they are physically white.
RangerX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The word "beige" and the word "olive" have been used by white people to describe their own skin tones. -Little Master

Now isn't that interesting ?

the quote is worth repeating and re-reading (slowly this time).

Quote:
The word "beige" and the word "olive" have been used by white people to describe their own skin tones. -Little Master

White People with a beige/olive skin color/tone ?

(((scratching my head)))

Next time you find yourself in a similar situation, Ask the White Person(s) questions. Such as:

"If your actual skin color is more of a beige/olive tone, then why do you say you are a White Person ?"

"What do you mean when you say you are a White Person when you stated that your skin color is something else (not White) ?"

(Qs may need to be refined)

just a suggestion.

-RangerX
RWSWJ
Little Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RangerX wrote:
Quote:

Now isn't that interesting ?

the quote is worth repeating and re-reading (slowly this time).

Quote:

White People with a beige/olive skin color/tone ?

(((scratching my head)))

Next time you find yourself in a similar situation, Ask the White Person(s) questions. Such as:

"If your actual skin color is more of a beige/olive tone, then why do you say you are a White Person ?"

"What do you mean when you say you are a White Person when you stated that your skin color is something else (not White) ?"

(Qs may need to be refined)

just a suggestion.

-RangerX
RWSWJ

I have. The usual response is:

"Hmph, I never thought about it"

or

"Well, I didn't choose..."

"I don't know. That's just the way it is"

"European people are white"

"That stuff doesn't matter"

etc. etc.

Next time I'll ask:

"Define what a european is?" and "What continent does "Black" correspond to? Red? Yellow? Brown?"

or

"Would you put any non-white classification down under the race option when applying for a job since it doesn't matter?"
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also check out the people classifieds ro people want-ads...the first thing people advertise is whether they are single or not. The second thing people advertise is if they are white or non-white.

That's the procedure...What is a European?...but don't stop there...anticipate their answers and have your questions ready that will take you where you want to go. White people are masters of words so you have to be ready before the conversation begins so you don't get sidetracked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: