HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

"Ghetto"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When white people are able to successfully move out the non-white people and move into the same "section of a city" (something that is called gentrification) why is that "section of a city" not referred to as a "ghetto"?
Trina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
When white people are able to successfully move out the non-white people and move into the same "section of a city" (something that is called gentrification) why is that "section of a city" not referred to as a "ghetto"?

Because nonwhite people do not exist in that "section of the city" anymore. Non-white people are "the ghetto".
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Trina wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:

Because nonwhite people do not exist in that "section of the city" anymore. Non-white people are "the ghetto".

I suspect that to be he case but I'm always looking for a better way to describe what I'm looking at.
Trina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
Trina wrote:
Virtual_GOD wrote:

I suspect that to be he case but I'm always looking for a better way to describe what I'm looking at.

Because White people have the POWER to DEFINE and DECIDE and DECLARE REALITY as THEY see fit. They do this through WORDS. So a GHETTO is where NIGGERS exist for a short period of time and then when White people DECIDE to move NIGGERS out then the GHETTO is transformed into a "NICE, CLEAN NEIGHBORHOOD, a TRENDY UPSCALE NEIGHBORHOOD, a MIDDLE-CLASS NEIGHBORHOOD but never in a milllion years do WHITE people live in the GHETTO. They may exist in a TOUGH, GRITTY NEIGHBORHOOD or a WORKING CLASS NEIGHBORHOOD but never, ever a GHETTO. Does this help?

Trina
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It helps me to think about it in terms of a "ghetto" being a person...specifically a non-white person in a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism). Non-white people's behavior is being described as "ghettofabulous"...a glorification of unjust behavior rather than looking to always say and/or do things to reveal truth in such a manner that justice is promoted.

It appears non-white people have a lot of words or terms that describe our behavior. When a person does something that is not particularly seen as "good" the person's behavior is described as "ghetto" for example. But it appears we can't put it all together that each non-white person is the ghetto. Where ever we go we take our behavior with us...that is what white people have decided and that is the reason they move out when we move in.

We (non-white people) are the ghetto.

I could be incorrect.
Little Master

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Virtual_GOD wrote:
It helps me to think about it in terms of a "ghetto" being a person...specifically a non-white person in a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism). Non-white people's behavior is being described as "ghettofabulous"...a glorification of unjust behavior rather than looking to always say and/or do things to reveal truth in such a manner that justice is promoted.

It appears non-white people have a lot of words or terms that describe our behavior. When a person does something that is not particularly seen as "good" the person's behavior is described as "ghetto" for example. But it appears we can't put it all together that each non-white person is the ghetto. Where ever we go we take our behavior with us...that is what white people have decided and that is the reason they move out when we move in.

We (non-white people) are the ghetto.

I could be incorrect.

In my hometown there is an area called Indian Village where the majority of residents are white people. It is called a historic area and it is right in the middle of a ghetto. The houses in this "historic area" are well keep, the garbage is picked up daily, this area is the first to get its streets snowplowed, and there are city employees who rake the leaves in the fall. The property value is high and I can't say for sure but I'd imagine they probably have lower insurance rates.

However, you can walk a couple blocks and you're right back in the ghetto. By ghetto we're talking corner liquor stores with peeling paint, litter all over the street, fields of unkeep grass, boarded up/burnedout houses, and non-whites. Remember, this area is completely surrounded by a ghetto. It's an island of white people.

I'm not so sure that I would say that non-white people are the ghetto, but I believe that the ghetto follows non-white people. When white people move in more money is put into an area and the government takes better care of it. When black people move in the government stops supporting the area financially and it falls into decay.

In conclusion, in a system of WS/R the ghetto is the condition that WS give non-white peoples. One non-white person in a suburb of white people does not make it a ghetto. But if enough start moving in the white people move out because they know the WS are gonna bring the ghetto to their doorstep.
RangerX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not so sure that I would say that non-white people are the ghetto, but I believe that the ghetto follows non-white people. -Little Master

Everywhere the Non-White Person goes, that is where the "Ghetto" will be.

Ghetto = Non-White Person.

Quote:
One non-white person in a suburb of white people does not make it a ghetto. -Little Master

That is because the Person, the Non-White Person is the Ghetto, not an area, a place, a piece of land, torn up buildings or roadways, but a Person(s), a Non-White Person.

I could be incorrect, but I base this on my observations.

-RangerX
RWSWJ
Little Master

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

RangerX wrote:
Quote:
I'm not so sure that I would say that non-white people are the ghetto, but I believe that the ghetto follows non-white people. -Little Master

Quote:
One non-white person in a suburb of white people does not make it a ghetto. -Little Master

That is because the Person, the Non-White Person is the Ghetto, not an area, a place, a piece of land, torn up buildings or roadways, but a Person(s), a Non-White Person.

-RangerX
RWSWJ

Oak Park, Michigan. Black people moved in and white people are moving out. Full of black people, but not a ghetto... yet. It has never been referred to as a ghetto. Has none of the usual media stereotypes of a ghetto. If you drove through it and everyone was in their homes you would assume that it was a white neighborhood. I'm not sure how exactly jewish people function, but I suspect there is still a good number of jews in Oak Park. In thier own little area of course. I don't see any guys with beards and little scalp caps(can't recall what they're called) like I did when the majority were whites, but the kosher stores are all over the place.

These are fairly recent population changes. But get this: And area that was formerly apart of Oak Part was cut off... it isn't Oak Park anymore. It's full of non-whites(no lingering white population) and the decay is already evident. Eventually I forsee a non-white major taking office after the last of the white people leave and then the money will stop flowing in. And of course, this major being a non-white person will simply roll over and take it. Then it will become a ghetto. These are my observations.

I could be wrong. But I think a ghetto is a WS creation. It is a condition that they place on any area that non-whites come to inhabit in great number.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Little Master wrote:
RangerX wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

-RangerX
RWSWJ

Oak Park, Michigan. Black people moved in and white people are moving out. Full of black people, but not a ghetto... yet. It has never been referred to as a ghetto. Has none of the usual media stereotypes of a ghetto. If you drove through it and everyone was in their homes you would assume that it was a white neighborhood. I'm not sure how exactly jewish people function, but I suspect there is still a good number of jews in Oak Park. In thier own little area of course. I don't see any guys with beards and little scalp caps(can't recall what they're called) like I did when the majority were whites, but the kosher stores are all over the place.

These are fairly recent population changes. But get this: And area that was formerly apart of Oak Part was cut off... it isn't Oak Park anymore. It's full of non-whites(no lingering white population) and the decay is already evident. Eventually I forsee a non-white major taking office after the last of the white people leave and then the money will stop flowing in. And of course, this major being a non-white person will simply roll over and take it. Then it will become a ghetto. These are my observations.

I could be wrong. But I think a ghetto is a WS creation. It is a condition that they place on any area that non-whites come to inhabit in great number.

I agree Little Master...a ghetto is a white supremacist (racist) production. The white people who practice white supremacy (racism) decide which part of this universe will be assigned non-white people. The word "ghetto" is just another words the white supremacists (racists) have defined and use in reference to non-white people, not a place. This is what is so confusing to non-white people.

We run around trying to get out of "the ghetto", and we understand that white people aren't in "the ghetto"...even white people that live in a trailer park that are referred to by some white people as "poor white trash" don't live in "the ghetto"...so we (non-white people) try to get around them (white people) to get away from "the ghetto".

But the white people have decided that "the ghetto" is you...even if you haven't recognized it yet...white people have decided that "the ghetto" is every other non-white person and they understand that you have been trained to chase after white women, white people understand that you have been trained to drink liquor and use drugs because you don't understand how white supremacy (racism) works, white people understand that you have been trained to have cars that don't work in your yard making the neighborhood look bad because you can't take your car to the mechanic shop because on average you don't make the same amount of money a white person makes doing the same job, white people understand that you have been trained to overeat and become obese and unsightly to attempt to compensate for the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism), white people understand that you have been trained to rob and kill other people because you can't get a job because white people hire each other before they'll hire you, white people understand that you have been trained to throw down trash where you live instead of gathering all of the trash in the neighborhood and taking it down to put on the steps of city hall until the white people decide to clean your neighborhood on a regular basis like they clean their neighborhoods, white people understand that you have been trained to mistreat other people...especially non-white people...because they need to have this happen in order to maintain the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism), white people understand that you have been trained to stand around on the corners all day because that is all the white supremacists (racists) allow you to do until they allow you to do something different...

White people understand this...and they don't want to be around your niggardly ass! Can you blame them?

This is why you de-niggerize by improving yourself and everything around you. Don't lie to yourself, understand what you are looking at by using words to reveal truth...this will allow you to understand what is (truth) happening...and there are lots of other things you can do...and should be doing.

Nigger = The Ghetto...niggers just don't know it. As you begin to de-niggerize you begin to understand how the racists (white supremacists) do what they do, how it impacts you and every other non-white person, and what to do about it. Once you go down the path of de-niggerization you'd better have a good reason...cause white people are coming after you. Nobody wants to die for no reason.

So I agree Little Master...a ghetto is a white supremacist (racist) production. white people that practice white supremacy (racism) produce niggers...and that's T-H-E G-H-E-T-T-O.
Little Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

[quote="Virtual_GOD"][quote="Little Master"]
RangerX wrote:
Quote:

[...]

So I agree Little Master...a ghetto is a white supremacist (racist) production. white people that practice white supremacy (racism) produce niggers...and that's T-H-E G-H-E-T-T-O.

I get you now. We are communicating in two different languages. I define ghetto as the results of the economical, politic, etc etc conditions that turn an area into a ghetto and you are talking about the same things, but how they effect the behavior of the people who are notorious for living in a ghetto. I'd say they both combine together to make a ghetto. So, OK, a ghetto is non-white person.

Most white people clean up their neighborhoods because they'll get throat jabbed in their wallets if they don't. Also, I've notice that they have city employees that clean up their streets. And if they live near a prison there are plenty of free non-white labor right there. No such thing in most black neighborhoods. They can write on the walls, keep broken down cars on their lawn. It's all good. And the perpetuation is because of how non-whites are programmed. Could you imagine a neighborhood of middle-aged white people allowing people to sell drugs from a house on their block while they know? Liquor stores on the corner with alcoholics out in public being allowed? Isn't that illegal?
Edward Williams
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No...I can't imagine that...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: