HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Good White Person
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trina wrote:

Quote:
Smallz, you may be correct. On the other hand, Justice doesn't exist so why bother using the term or try to define it.

If I may chime in,

*chime*

Trina,

It depends on what you are attempting to produce.

You need a word to describe what you are attempting to produce.

Are you trying to produce a "good White person"?

If so, what for?

Im trying to produce a system where no person is mistreated and the person who needs the most help, gets the most help.

The best word to describe such a system is Justice.

Josh
Karim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I'll have to go with V_G on this one... A "good person" is any "person" that is able to guarantee no person is mistreated and also guarantee the person that needs help the most get the most help.

Therefore a good "white" person can exist... If you are referring to "people" who WERE classified as white under the system of WHITE supremacy.

Keyword... ... ... ...people
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the opposite of a "good White person"?

A "good Black person"?

Or

a "bad White person"?

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Karim wrote:
I'll have to go with V_G on this one... A "good person" is any "person" that is able to guarantee no person is mistreated and also guarantee the person that needs help the most get the most help.

Therefore a good "white" person can exist... If you are referring to "people" who WERE classified as white under the system of WHITE supremacy.

Keyword... ... ... ...people

Follow THE LOGIC (counter-racist logic).

If a "good white person" is a white person that guarantees no person is mistreated and also guarantees the person that needs help the most gets the most help...that person can only exist in a SYSTEM of justice. Every person in a SYSTEM of justice is a "good person"...there is no need to keep the designator "white" in a SYSTEM of justice. The word "white", in reference to people, only has value in a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism)...just as the word "black", in reference to people, is only devalued under a SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism). Therefore, in a SYSTEM of justice you don't need to use the words, white or black, in reference to people because every person is guaranteed they will not be mistreated and also guaranteed the person that needs help the most will get the most help.

This is the reason I fast-forwarded the conversation with my first post under this thread:

Virtual_GOD wrote:
On this planet, according to counter-racist logic, there are only white people, non-white people, and white supremacists (racists)...people that allow racism (white supremacy) to be practiced, people that are victims of white supremacy (racism), and people that practice white supremacy (racism)...respectively.

How can any of these people be "good"?

There are no "good people" under a SYSTEM of injustice if a "good person", white or non-white, is not able to guarantee no person is mistreated and also guarantees the person that needs help the most gets the most help.

Right now, no person can guarantee that.
Ausar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Good White Person Reply with quote

smallz wrote:
Ausar wrote:
smallz wrote:
Ausar wrote:
Trina wrote:
Good White Person- A white person who does not practice White Supremacy/Racism. 2. A white person who counters Racism/White Supremacy.

Trina

For a "white" person to exist(or persons who classify themselves as white) there have't to exist the system of a system White Supremacy....

The reality is that in truth there's no such thing as a white person.

That goes on to say that a person/s who counters racism (white supremacy by revealing truth he/she will not classify themselves as white.

Hotep

Quote:
For a "white" person to exist(or persons who classify themselves as white) there have't to exist the system of White Supremacy....

The reality is that in truth there's no such thing as a white person.

By this do you mean that, "White people" exist only as the result of the existence of a White Supremacy/Racism?

Peace smallz

Absolutely..

Hotep!

Quote:
That goes on to say that a person/s who counters racism (white supremacy by revealing truth he/she will not classify themselves as white.

By this, do you mean that a person classified as White will not counter-racsim?

smallz

Affirmative....

Hetep!

Ok.

How do you know that a person classified as White will not counter-racsim?

smallz

Peace smallz though I know Virtual_God answered the question; however though here is my answer for you bro.

You asked : How do you know that a person classified as white will not counter racism?

The correct question should have been...

How do I know that a person who classified him/herself white will not counter racism?

Well following the loggic if that person he or she classifies themselvse as white put simply are not interested in countering racism. When that person/s whose classifing themselves as white, their action consciously or unconsciously is supporting the system white supremacy.

Should I say more.

smallz I have no time for your insecure silly words games.

My only interest is to replace the system of white supremacy with Justice..

Hotep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: