HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

MultiCultural
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: ok. Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I suspect you are correct also V.God

So let's reset.

My definition of Culture is whatever a person does at the time they do it.

That's it.

If "multi" means more than one, logically speaking, multi-culture would indicate a person doing more than one thing.

Big friggin' deal.

Dr. John Henrick Clarke writes:

Quote:
The modern imperialists even adops a sly " multicultural" cover saying, "Why can't we celebrate all the cultures that come together to make America today? Can't we use this celebration to heal the wounds from the past?" And the answer is that this view refuses to distingush bewteen the oppresssor and the oppressed -- the Spanish counquistador and subjugated Indian are not just two "heritages" [cultures] to be celebrated. Why should such wounds be "healed" when this celebration glorifes capitalist oppression that continues..."

[Chistopher Columbus and the African Holocaust, Slavery and the rise of European Capitalism, 1993]

This Work/Study Project is from the perspective that White Supremacy/Racism exists, which makes it logical for victims of White Supremacy/Racism focus on the only culture worth discussion.

Jewish Culture

African Culture

Puerto Rican Culture

Panamanian Culture

Irish Culture

And the boat loads of all the other cultures out there...

But the critical question still happens to be:

Sir/Maddam, are you a white person?

Because the answer to that question will reveal the culture I may be up against that matters the most.

White Supremacy.

Not Multi-Culturalism, or any other 'ism'.

This is not to say that there are not other cultures that people participate in. But whatever they may be, they fall under the control of the Dominant Culture: White Supremacy/Racism.

Bottom line.

smallz
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm sitting here thinking...while I'm reading your post smallz...I have defined multi-cultural as "a person that does more than one thing"...

...but...

...is multicultural also more than one person doing the same thing? I'll have to do the math on that one.
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V.God wrote:
Quote:
is multicultural also more than one person doing the same thing?

Hmmmm....

The important part of the definition of culture to me is that it highlights "what a person does".

I think the "multi" part of the term shows that a person can do more than on thing at a time, as opposed to many people doing the same thing.

QUESTION:

If 10 different Racist-Suspects all coincidentally practiced racism/white supremacy (mistreatment of people based on COLOR) AT THE SAME TIME, ON DIFFERENT LOCATIONS ON THE PLANET, IN DIFFERENT AREAS OF ACTIVITY, would that be an example of multi-culturalism?

At this point, I don't know.

That question sounds like an example of how racsim/white supremacy is being currently practiced.

I suspect White Supremacy is the singe most powerful culture that is practiced in all areas of activity by the different individual White Supremacists/Racists that are sprinkeled accross the globe, in unison.

smallz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: