HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Racism

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3077
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Racism Reply with quote

Race/Racism: Pronunciation Key

(1) The scientific practice of unjust subjugation, misuse, and/or abuse of person classified as "non-white", by persons classified as "white", on the basis of color or non-color, and/or, on the basis of factors "associated with" color or non-color.

(2) White Supremacy.

[ Note: It is incorrect to use the term "White Racism". To use this term is to imply that Racism exists in a form other than White Supremacy.]

UICCSC
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?


Last edited by Edward Williams on Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:09 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:50 pm    Post subject: Racism Reply with quote

I was watching an interview with William Shockley and the host asked him if he was a "racist". Mr Shockley said, "no, Im a "RACIALIST".

For those of you unaware, William Shockley was a White male who shared the Nobel Prize for inventing the transistor back in the 1960s; without which the computer you are using right now would be as big as a car and as hot as its exhaust.

Do you think his answer was meant to get around the RACE=RACISM equation?

I have observed that in England (specifically the BBC) the term White people use to describe mistreatment based on color is: RACIALISM

I know William Shockley was a smart person, he had a reason for answering like he did.

What was it?

Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3077
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Racism Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
I was watching an interview with William Shockley and the host asked him if he was a "racist". Mr Shockley said, "no, Im a "RACIALIST".

For those of you unaware, William Shockley was a White male who shared the Nobel Prize for inventing the transistor back in the 1960s; without which the computer you are using right now would be as big as a car and as hot as its exhaust.

Do you think his answer was meant to get around the RACE=RACISM equation?

I have observed that in England (specifically the BBC) the term White people use to describe mistreatment based on color is: RACIALISM

I know William Shockley was a smart person, he had a reason for answering like he did.

What was it?

Josh


I don't know. What is a "RACIALIST"?
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 650
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: RACIAL-IST Reply with quote

A suspect a RACIALIST is a white person who belives in, and practices Racsim (white supremacy).

smallz
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
MsTreated



Joined: 01 May 2003
Posts: 33
Location: Chicago Vicinity

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Racism Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
I was watching an interview with William Shockley and the host asked him if he was a "racist". Mr Shockley said, "no, Im a "RACIALIST".

For those of you unaware, William Shockley was a White male who shared the Nobel Prize for inventing the transistor back in the 1960s; without which the computer you are using right now would be as big as a car and as hot as its exhaust.

Do you think his answer was meant to get around the RACE=RACISM equation?

I have observed that in England (specifically the BBC) the term White people use to describe mistreatment based on color is: RACIALISM

I know William Shockley was a smart person, he had a reason for answering like he did.

What was it?

Josh



Confusion
_________________
Utchau Metut: "the weighing of words" - the evaluation of concepts, ideas, beliefs, behavioral shaping factors, and spiritual practices"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3077
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
I was watching an interview with William Shockley and the host asked him if he was a "racist". Mr Shockley said, "no, Im a "RACIALIST".

For those of you unaware, William Shockley was a White male who shared the Nobel Prize for inventing the transistor back in the 1960s; without which the computer you are using right now would be as big as a car and as hot as its exhaust.

Do you think his answer was meant to get around the RACE=RACISM equation?

I have observed that in England (specifically the BBC) the term White people use to describe mistreatment based on color is: RACIALISM

I know William Shockley was a smart person, he had a reason for answering like he did.

What was it?

Josh


Josh,

I think I've got it! I think I know what a "Racialist" is. I suspect a "Racialist" is a white person that practicies racism white supremacy.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
JohnnySmash



Joined: 08 Jul 2003
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Racism Reply with quote

Actually racism could be between any two races- you say it as if whites are the only ones capable of racism. Ironically, that in itself is racist.

-JohnnySmash
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
copious



Joined: 29 May 2003
Posts: 248

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism Reply with quote

JohnnySmash wrote:
Actually racism could be between any two races- you say it as if whites are the only ones capable of racism. Ironically, that in itself is racist.

-JohnnySmash



2 questions:

Are you a white person?


cope
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnySmash



Joined: 08 Jul 2003
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism Reply with quote

copious wrote:
JohnnySmash wrote:
Actually racism could be between any two races- you say it as if whites are the only ones capable of racism. Ironically, that in itself is racist.

-JohnnySmash



2 questions:

Are you a white person?


cope


Yes I am white- and I also see you are copping out from responding to my statement.

-JohnnySmash
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cone_Head#1



Joined: 24 Sep 2003
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Racism Reply with quote

JohnnySmash wrote:
copious wrote:
JohnnySmash wrote:
Actually racism could be between any two races- you say it as if whites are the only ones capable of racism. Ironically, that in itself is racist.

-JohnnySmash



2 questions:

Are you a white person?


cope


Yes I am white- and I also see you are copping out from responding to my statement.

-JohnnySmash


Man this has been going on for a while. Still got the propaganda press going I see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
counterracism
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Your Avatar Reply with quote

Cone_Head#1,

It has come to my attention that your avatar is causing problems for people who visit the Counter-Racism Work/Study Project that are visually impaired. Please remove the flashing avatar immediately and not replace it with any animated and/or flashing image of any kind.

Also your e-mail address is no longer valid. Please correct it in your profile.

You've been sent a PM regarding this matter. Please respond accordingly.

Thank you.

Webmaster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
counterracism
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: No More ConeHead#1 Reply with quote

Sorry, no more Cone_Head#1. This person saw the need to repeatedly post flashing and/or animated images when it was requested of them not to because of their interference with visitors who are visually impaired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations