HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

white devil!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Strategies and Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steal My Soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well since you refuse to answer my question then i shall do the same
Dan Freeman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPER!

smallz
Cone_Head#1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Steal My Soul wrote:
well since you refuse to answer my question then i shall do the same

We've already tried english man.
HighHouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah there really is no good way to communicate with them.
mel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the enemy self proclaimed racist (Highhouse),

Quote:
Highhouse wrote:
yeah there really is no good way to communicate with them.

Who is "THEM" and what do you wish to "communicate"?
HighHouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I am not a racist. You need to work on your ability to detect sarcasm. Thanks!
Steal My Soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im still waiting for smallz to stop acting childish and answer my question
HighHouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'll be waiting till the end of time
Steal My Soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well he will probably delete me saying that and your response AGAIN by the morning so i guess it really doesnt matter
HighHouse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh believe me, I'm an expert on smallz deleting my posts just because I make him uncomfortable. Even when I start a new thread with an interesting topic, he deletes it. He really hates whitey, even whitey trying to talk civilly.
Steal My Soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is very closeminded and, for lack of a better word, ignorant
Cone_Head#1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Steal My Soul wrote:
that is very closeminded and, for lack of a better word, ignorant

Yeah, some of these guys are a bit mislead, or convoluted in their ideas about getting rid of racism. Others however, are just dumb. Pick and choose who you argue with. Some people on this site aren't even worth looking at.
cloudsong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conehead, I want to leave a thought for you. Saying someone is not worth looking at is so callous and wrong. Everyone is equally worthy in life of being looked at, even a homeless person on the street stringing unintelligible words together.

You shirked answering me when I cornered you in a point of logic in the post pasted below. No difference between your avoidance of that and the people refusing to answer Steal-My-Soul's question.

I agree with you that there are methodologies here that don't work for white people who come here sincerely, as I believe you did.

But sometimes right now you have the arrogance of youth, and the arrogance of a white person who just doesn't see the white privilege you live whether you know it right now or not.

But you're a sincere person who abhors racism, at heart. You just show little understanding of the theory here that our very language is "whitened". Yes I think there's a lot wrong with the theories here, but I also see what's very right with them.

Take a linguistics course in between your engineering courses, and you'll see the wisdom in the basic concepts here. Maybe the people here are tilting at windmills trying to change our very language, but at least they're dreaming the impossible dream, daring with their last ounce of courage...

thanks, cloudsong

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:38 pm Conehead,

To clarify our positions on surveillance of non-white customers but not white customers, I think it would help if you answered a yes or no question:

Scenario: You are trying to quantify the number of incidences of a certain behavior in two groups, Group A and Group B. In your experimental design, you watch the members of Group A but you don't watch the members of Group B. You find a greater incidence of the behavior in Group A.

Question: Do you consider that a valid finding?

cloudsong
Steal My Soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

cloudsong wrote:
Conehead, I want to leave a thought for you. Saying someone is not worth looking at is so callous and wrong. Everyone is equally worthy in life of being looked at, even a homeless person on the street stringing unintelligible words together.

You shirked answering me when I cornered you in a point of logic in the post pasted below. No difference between your avoidance of that and the people refusing to answer Steal-My-Soul's question.

I agree with you that there are methodologies here that don't work for white people who come here sincerely, as I believe you did.

But sometimes right now you have the arrogance of youth, and the arrogance of a white person who just doesn't see the white privilege you live whether you know it right now or not.

But you're a sincere person who abhors racism, at heart. You just show little understanding of the theory here that our very language is "whitened". Yes I think there's a lot wrong with the theories here, but I also see what's very right with them.

Take a linguistics course in between your engineering courses, and you'll see the wisdom in the basic concepts here. Maybe the people here are tilting at windmills trying to change our very language, but at least they're dreaming the impossible dream, daring with their last ounce of courage...

thanks, cloudsong

Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:38 pm Conehead,

To clarify our positions on surveillance of non-white customers but not white customers, I think it would help if you answered a yes or no question:

Scenario: You are trying to quantify the number of incidences of a certain behavior in two groups, Group A and Group B. In your experimental design, you watch the members of Group A but you don't watch the members of Group B. You find a greater incidence of the behavior in Group A.

Question: Do you consider that a valid finding?

cloudsong

cloudsong
whenever i read your posts 2 words come to mind
Patty Hearst
cloudsong

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting, Steal My Soul, because people DO get brainwashed to a certain extent by whatever they give thought and time to.

If I read poetry, I want to write a poem. If my husband and I watch an R rated move, I want to... well...

So it's very important what we put in our minds because that's what comes out of our minds.

BUT - I do try to keep my own opinions and own mind here. I certainly argue enough, and get disagreed with enough!

I do disagree with these things: a philosophy of separatism; the idea that blacks and whites can't be friends; the idea that just because a 'white' person doesn't feel familiar with this new way of speaking in this code language, that that person is a racist, and other concepts which I've posted my arguments on.

Believe me, the people here would not call me Patty Hearst... but thank you for your concern, it's an interesting reaction.

cloudsong
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Strategies and Techniques All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: