HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Globalization

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Globalization Reply with quote

ok folks, I might need some help on this one. I hear this word being used alot and I need the best definition possible that describes the phenomenon of "globalization".

OK,

Here goes:

Globalization:

What a White person says or does that expands the system of racism White supremacy.

Josh
James Jones

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: [b]Globalization[/b] Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
ok folks, I might need some help on this one. I hear this word being used alot and I need the best definition possible that describes the phenomenon of "globalization".

OK,

Here goes:

Globalization:

What a White person says or does that expands the system of racism White supremacy.

Josh

Hmmm....
How about this:

Globalization: The Establishment, Refinement and Expansion of Racism/White Supremacy.
Josh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neckst,

that works very well as a definition but I think it is better to emphasize the expanding nature of racism White supremacy when the word globalization is used.

In the mean time I think the definition should definately start as:

"What a White person says or does in a system of racism White supremacy"

Im atleast sure about that part.

Josh
GMAN_XTREME

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Neckst,

that works very well as a definition but I think it is better to emphasize the expanding nature of racism White supremacy when the word globalization is used.

In the mean time I think the definition should definately start as:

"What a White person says or does in a system of racism White supremacy"

Im atleast sure about that part.

Josh

Let's check that out in a sentence.

[set 1]
We must rise to the challenges of Globalization.

We must rise to the challenges of What a White person says or does in a system of racism White supremacy.

[set 2]
Many people have been harmfully affected by Globalization.

Many people have been harmfully affected by What a White person says or does in a system of racism White supremacy.

[set 3]
"Our Shared Future: Globalization in the 21st Century"
**Title of speech given by President Bill Clinton

Our Shared Future: What a White person says or does in a system of racism White supremacy in the 21st Century

[set 4]
"He discussed issues impacted by Globalization.."

He discussed issues impacted by What a White person says or does in a system of racism White supremacy..

[set 5]
"The line between ... policy was becoming increasingly irrelevant. September 11, brought that...to the United States with a vengeance. It...
made clear the central fact of Globalization." -President Bill Clinton

The line between ... policy was becoming increasingly irrelevant. September 11, brought that...to the United States with a vengeance. It...
made clear the central fact of What a White person says or does in a system of racism White supremacy.

Hmmm? Josh, it makes sense. Refine it as you wish, but you are on the correct track.

The speech, "Our Shared Future: Globalization in the 21st Century.” can be seen using the followng link:
http://www.cspan.org/Search/basic.asp?ResultStart=1&ResultCount=10&BasicQueryText=globalization

~Peace...we need it.
James Jones

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

hmm...
Not too bad.

Let's check that out in a sentence.

[set 1]
We must rise to the challenges of Globalization.

We must rise to the challenges of The Establishment, Refinement and Expansion of Racism/White Supremacy.

[set 2]
Many people have been harmfully affected by Globalization.

Many people have been harmfully affected by The Establishment, Refinement and Expansion of Racism/White Supremacy.

[set 3]
"Our Shared Future: Globalization in the 21st Century"
**Title of speech given by President Bill Clinton

Our Shared Future: The Establishment, Refinement and Expansion of Racism/White Supremacy in the 21st Century

[set 4]
"He discussed issues impacted by Globalization.."

He discussed issues impacted by The Establishment, Refinement and Expansion of Racism/White Supremacy.

[set 5]
"The line between ... policy was becoming increasingly irrelevant. September 11, brought that...to the United States with a vengeance. It...
made clear the central fact of Globalization." -President Bill Clinton

The line between ... policy was becoming increasingly irrelevant. September 11, brought that...to the United States with a vengeance. It...
made clear the central fact of The Establishment, Refinement and Expansion of Racism/White Supremacy.
GMAN_XTREME

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both definitions are very interesting, but which one gains the most milage in a discussion of Racism/White Supremacy?

Taking a second look, I would exchange the term White Person with White Supremacist. Because, all white people do not practice racism/white supremacy, but can be racist suspects. Listening to Cloudsong, some White people do not want to practice Racism, but are still racist suspects because they could, at anytime, choose to mistreat a Non-white person.

The strength of Josh's definition is that it includes the PEOPLE that hold the SYSTEM together instead of placing all focus on the SYSTEM. All I would do now is change White to White Supremacist.

I think Josh is on the correct track because his definition focuses on what a White Supremacist DOES to Expand, Refine, Maintain, and Establish the System of Racism. They have to Do and Say things.

Maybe both definitions can be combined.
Josh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, much to chew on (crunch crunch)...

Let me think out loud on this one...ok

GLOBALIZATION:

First off, this term has something to do with racism White supremacy; that much Im sure of.

The White supremacist were the first people to collectively understand that White supremacy is a a global phenomenon.

Maybe "globalization" is:

1. White people comming to this collective realization?

2. Non white people comming to this collective realization?

Yo Neckst, for some reason I keep trying to connect the definition of "globalization" to the expansion phase of racism White supremacy and the understanding of this phenomenon by non white people.

But I know this can't be true because niggas is still discussing countering racism by changing their geographical location on the planet.

(((shakin my head)))

GMAN and Neckst, the usage exercises definatly helped give dimesion to the term; thanks.

I think I need more time listening to people using the term.

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the expanding practice of counter racist codification "globalization"?
Josh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I thought I was refining and then VGOD had to toss another log on the fire)

GRRRRRRRRR....

(But thats alright, Im commin back like a cold sore)

Globalization:

What a person says and what a person does in a system of racism White supremacy.

Josh
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be incorrect but it appears to me that globalization is an act of mobilizing people and/or resouces to a particular end...whether that end is to mobilize people to practice, go along with, and submit to racism (white supremacy) or to mobilize people to replace the SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a SYSTEM of justice. People mobilize resources to aid in the support of either.

What makes the racists (white supremacists) so effective is they view people as resources. Globilization is a world plan. The racists (white supremacists) had a world plan that they put into place. Counter-Racism is supposed to be a world plan as well...a universal plan...an act of replacing the universal SYSTEM of white supremacy (racism) with a universal SYSTEM of justice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: