HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Please help...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

X-8161973 wrote:
Mr. Edward Williams wrote:
Quote:
They may provide you the training and anyone else that goes through the same process you went through to get the training. When other people do not step up like you did then they will not get the training. I've seen this happen repeatedly.

I believe that is exactly their intention and I have seen this over and over on the job as well. I hope to outmaneuver them (in regards to them NOT wanting to offer training to all employees who require it) by asking the Director of Customer Service the same questions that I asked the Director of Operations (my 'supervisor') during our meeting on this very subject back on 9-10.

We decided to reschedule the (Customer Service training) meeting for 9-28 due to scheduling conflicts. Ironically, my 'supervisor' emailed me today asking for my bullet points that I wanted to cover during our meeting so she can create an agenda. My reply is below...

I wanted to thank you for your suggestions as well Mr. Williams, they were very helpful, as you will see, and I peppered them throughout the questionnaire. Once I get a grasp of a concept, I try and run with it as best I can and I think this revised questionnaire is much more precise -vs- my first attempt. (thank you)

You are exactly correct...it's all in the use of WORDS.
--------------
She emails this to me earlier...

Director of Operations -
Quote:
We are addressing the majority of these issues with the Director of Customer Service on 9/28, correct? I need the bullet points you’d like to discuss so I can put together an agenda. Thanks!

My reply to this email–
Quote:
Once these nine questions attached have been answered, I believe there will be razor sharp clarity as to what (should) be done in regards to the training of the CSR's in Customer Service.

If the Director of Customer Service does not provide the answers to all nine questions, I will ask her one more question.

10. Who would be the best person to ask the nine questions listed above?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe you verbally agreed to the recommendations attached. If you do happen to have any
disagreements or additions you want to add to my recommendations, please set up some time
for us to review any of your additional concerns before we meet with the Director of Customer Service.

Thank
s

This is the information I sent the Director of Operations via (word document) below. **Remember my 'supervisor' is white and the Director of Customer Service is black. These are the questions I intend to ask the Director of Customer Service.

Customer Service Training

9-28-10

Questions:

1. Are there any employees in the Customer Service department that are required to have ByDesign training in order to perform the duties they have been assigned in ByDesign?

2. If these employees are required to have ByDesign training, should they receive the best ByDesign training information available so they can perform the duties that they have
been assigned to perform in ByDesign?

I would rephrase this question to ask if there are employees who are required to perform a specific task, based on their duties, if they are required to perform those duties correctly.

This seemingly subtle shift in language plays a huge part in how things are done. You can even use the term 'job duties'. One of the duties of the job, any job in what is called the United States, is to support and defend the United States Constitution. Receiving training 'in order to do your job correctly' is also extremely important. Of course, after you receive the training the onus is on you to do your job correctly...but that is something we should all be doing anyway. If you do not receive the training and you have stated that you need it 'in order to do your job correctly' then you cannot be held to account to how the job task is performed. To deny you the training you need in order to do your job correctly then give you a poor evaluation because you did not do your job correctly is not 'due process' and is subversion of the United States Constitution.. See how that works?

The logic otherwise is sound. I would ask questions that refrain from long explanations. I would try to ask as many 'binary' questions as possible...meaning questions that require a 'yes' or 'no' answer.

This applies to the remaining questions as well.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Kim Kim wrote:
Greetings everybody. Two questions for Mr. Williams:
1) When is the next counter racism discussions; and how can I participate and/or listen?

I had not thought of starting those discussions back up. I will give it some serious thought and let you know. I should have an answer for you soon.

Kim Kim wrote:

Mr. Edward Williams wrote:
Quote:
One of the duties of the job, any job in what is called the United States, is to support and defend the United States Constitution.

2) Please help! Mr. Williams would you further explain how is it that supporting and defending the United States Constitution is one of the duties of any job in what is so called the United States?

There is a process here by which a person who is said to be an 'immigrant' can gain what is called 'citizenship'. That is called the 'naturalization' process. One of the answers to the many questions that are asked 'immigrants' on their way to gaining 'citizenship' is that the United States Constitution is the 'law of the land'. Simply put all other laws that are thought of, written down and enforced has to come under and not be in conflict with the United States Constitution.

There is also a group of people who are appointed and voted to a law governing group called Supreme Court Judges who sit on the United States Supreme Court. These judges have Rules that they have to follow that are derived from the United States Constitution that outline their professional and personal conduct (Rule 6):

Quote:
Each applicant shall sign the following oath or affirmation: I, ..............., do solemnly swear (or affirm) that as an attorney and as a counselor of this Court, I will conduct myself uprightly and according to law, and that I will support the Constitution of the United States.

How their documents are written and processed, what their procedure is (Rule 17), so on and so forth.

Part of the United States Constitution, what is called the preamble, states:

Quote:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

In short the United States Constitution is the 'law of the land' in which all other laws whether 'state' or 'local' must not be in conflict with. This 'law of the land' has a body of people dedicated, and according to law, duty bound to ensure that no other law be enforced that is in conflict with it. In this 'law of the land' it is written that one of the things 'we' must do at all times is 'establish justice'. Establishing justice is something that all laws that are written and enforced in the United States must not be in conflict with...and all people ('we') who are part of the United States must also support this law. All of the people and all of the laws in the United States, no matter at what level, fall under the United States Constitution. It also states, in the preamble, that the reason the Constitution exists is to, among other things, establish justice.

This also means that everything that you do, whether on the job, or at the grocery store, or the hair salon...whatever you do...wherever you are...you are duty bound to use speech and/ or action to support and defend the United States Constitution by establishing justice. And the words to use to do so are right there in the Constitution itself.

Counter-racist law supports the United States Constitution. It is aimed at establishing justice. In other words replacing white supremacy (racism) with justice. This also means that the United States Constitution supports counter-racism.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> How to Counter Racism (White Supremacy) in the Work Place All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: