HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

Religion

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3071
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Religion Reply with quote

Religion: Pronunciation Key

A strong belief backed up by action.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dan Freeman



Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 650
Location: Wherever I'm sent.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Religion Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Religion: Pronunciation Key

A strong belief backed up by action.


Is "Counter-Racism" a Religeon?

Winston
_________________
Understanding is honoring the truth beneath the surface.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3071
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Religion Reply with quote

Winston Wolfe wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Religion: Pronunciation Key

A strong belief backed up by action.


Is "Counter-Racism" a Religeon?

Winston

Not right now it isn't. Counter-Racism is supposed to produce justice and you will not know you have justice until you have justice.

Right now counter-racism may be a "strong belief" but there is no evidence right now that any thought, speech, and action that is going on right now or has ever gone on in the past has ever produced a SYSTEM of justice.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?


Last edited by Edward Williams on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3071
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the codebook definition of religion:

(1) The sum total of everything a person thinks, plus, everything that he or she says, plus, everything that he or she does.

(2) Believing that everything that is done, should be done to accomplish one basic purpose, plus, at all times openly letting others know that everything should be done to accomplish that one basic purpose, plus, at all times, speaking and acting to accomplish that one basic purpose.

UICCSC
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Josh



Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 796
Location: Closer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
This is the codebook definition of religion:

(1) The sum total of everything a person thinks, plus, everything that he or she says, plus, everything that he or she does.

(2) Believing that everything that is done, should be done to accomplish one basic purpose, plus, at all times openly letting others know that everything should be done to accomplish that one basic purpose, plus, at all times, speaking and acting to accomplish that one basic purpose.

UICCSC



So using definition #1, for most people, survival is their religion, correct?


Josh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Edward Williams
Site Admin


Joined: 12 Apr 2003
Posts: 3071
Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Josh wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
This is the codebook definition of religion:

(1) The sum total of everything a person thinks, plus, everything that he or she says, plus, everything that he or she does.

(2) Believing that everything that is done, should be done to accomplish one basic purpose, plus, at all times openly letting others know that everything should be done to accomplish that one basic purpose, plus, at all times, speaking and acting to accomplish that one basic purpose.

UICCSC



So using definition #1, for most people, survival is their religion, correct?


Josh

That depends on what the meaning of the word "survival" is. I suspect the point that was being made is that whatever you do is your religion. Lots of people say their religion is this or that but they do things that they admittedly say is not part of their religion. That is a contradiction...even to them. This is the reason I say prayer is communication with the Creator. This reminds me that everything I think, say, and/or do is prayer since I also say that the Creator knows all things about all things.

So, when I'm cussing that's part of my religion, when I'm having sexual intercourse that's part of my religion, when I'm speeding on the highway that's part of my religion, when I'm attempting to replace racism (white supremacy) with justice that's part of my religion and when I'm cooperating with the racists (white supremacists) that's part of my religion too. However I use my time and energy is my religion.

I was reading some of the grand jury hearing of the impeachment of Bill Clinton. Clinton said...and I quote..."That depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is". After the hearing Clinton claimed he was being asked a question in the present tense about Monica Lewinsky because the person used the word "is". Clinton stated in answer to the question he was asked..."There is no inappropriate behavior between me and Ms Lewinsky". Now we know...there was.

In and of themselves words don't have meanings. People mean things when they use words. Words are the tools of people. People are not the tools of words. But the racists (white supremacists) train non-white people to think words do have meanings...then the racists (white supremacists) go around and give words specific meanings so that when the words are used by non-white people the non-white people will help keep the SYSTEM of racism (white supremacy) going. That is why when you start to use compensatory counter-racism words and their definitions the white people who practice racism (white supremacy)understand immediately that you are working against them.
_________________
What is the reason YOU were born into a SYSTEM of INJUSTICE if not to replace it with a SYSTEM of JUSTICE?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Web CalendarShopping MallDonations