HomeCounter-Racism Radio NetworkCounter-Racism Television NetworkArticlesProjectsCounter-Racism Work/Study ProjectShopping MallContact
Secure DonationsSecure Donations  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log inLog in

White Noise
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelixHair

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Edward Williams wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Define noise.

Sometimes we skip the simplist things. No one has yet to even define what "noise" is and why it should have a color. If noise is any sound that promotes non-constructive thought, speech, and/or action then it doesn't need a color identifier.

See: noise

In a previous post in this thread I have already discussed the utility of the term 'white noise' in placing the responsibility for lack of non-white people's understanding on things said by white peope (racist suspects) on white people.

Smallz, your behavior this time around is appreciated.

Now let's see how many non-white males will join in on or allow another gang-bang so common on this site.

P.S.---1) Where is Trina? 2) Ed, Josh will you please define 'define?'
Dark Switch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: White Noise Reply with quote

What's with the backslashes around definitionary words?

I label all the examples in scenario 1 and 2, White Noise ("anything said by a white person that does not help to promote justice and correctness in all places and at all times?") - there is more to understanding than comprehending the words of speech.

The Observer wrote:
HelixHair wrote:
White Noise: Pronunciation Key

Anything said by a white person that a non-white person does not understand.

Then it is "noise" to the non-White person who lacks understanding.

But is it "noise" to the White person?

What is black noise?

I define Black Noise as any communication from a black person that promotes non-constructive thought, speech, and/or action.

Following the second definition of White Noise, a White person would need to use speech which does not mistreat people on the basis of colo(u)r, and which also promotes justice and correctness universally.

Once they understand this I suspect a White person can work out if what they intend to communicate accords with this definition of White Noise.

Are you a White Person?

Edward Williams wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Define noise.

Sometimes we skip the simplist things. No one has yet to even define what \"noise\" is and why it should have a color. If noise is any sound that promotes non-constructive thought, speech, and/or action then it doesn't need a color identifier.

How does your definition, which I find useful, stand now then, you seem to discount it here?

Including colo(u)r adds information for the simple reason that it places the onus for noise on the white people in charge of the system of racism (white supremacy) as the ultimate cause of all noise, and it pinpoints from what kind of person this particular instance of noise emanated.

I smile when I remember that White Noise has hitherto been used to describe the sound which tests the frequency response of audio equipment. I suspect Ms. Cress-Welsing might say white people cannot vibrate at the frequency of Soul, and Mr Fuller would reply it appears they do not possess the frequency of Justice.
Edward Williams
Site Admin

Location: I am from everywhere I've ever been and everywhere I've never been

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

HelixHair wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Edward Williams wrote:
Define noise.

Sometimes we skip the simplist things. No one has yet to even define what "noise" is and why it should have a color. If noise is any sound that promotes non-constructive thought, speech, and/or action then it doesn't need a color identifier.

See: noise

In a previous post in this thread I have already discussed the utility of the term 'white noise' in placing the responsibility for lack of non-white people's understanding on things said by white peope (racist suspects) on white people.

Smallz, your behavior this time around is appreciated.

Now let's see how many non-white males will join in on or allow another gang-bang so common on this site.

P.S.---1) Where is Trina? 2) Ed, Josh will you please define 'define?'

To define means to explain what is meant when something is said and/or done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Counter-Racism Work/Study Project Forum Index -> Counter-Racism Definitionary All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: